Passing of Lt Col Ed Hill

Started by RickFranz, October 25, 2008, 05:32:08 PM

RickFranz

I was saddened today to learn of the passing of Lt. Col Ed Hill.  A long time member of the Kansas Wing, Lt Col Hill was the current Wing DO among many of the other jobs he did for the Wing.

We are sure going to miss you Ed.
Rick Franz, Col, CAP
KSWG CC
Gill Rob Wilson #2703
IC1

Johnny Yuma

I got the news this morning, we were watching Gena's boys when we got the news.

Just got this from her this evening:

Good evening.

It is with great sorrow that I reach out to you at this time.  We pause in our activities this evening to pay a richly deserved tribute to a devoted and highly esteemed member of our wing who was removed from our midst this morning.

Lt Col Edmund Hill passed away today in a motor vehicle accident en route to Scanner/Observer training in Emporia.  Despite an active life and devotion to his family, Lt Col Hill also found much time to give to the Civil Air Patrol and Kansas Wing in his role as Director of Operations and as a pilot.  I know many of you share the grief I am feeling as he touched the lives of most members of the wing who participated in emergency services or flight activities.  He was a man of very high standards, integrity, and seemingly boundless energy.  There is no doubt that his passing leaves a void in our hearts and in the organization.

At this time, we have little information.  We ask for your patience.  As more information becomes available, and we are made aware of the details regarding his funeral services, we will pass that information on to you.

We ask that you keep his family in your thoughts and prayers as they deal with the unexpected loss.

Yours in sorrow,

Regena M. Aye, Colonel, CAP
Commander, Kansas Wing

"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven:

LtCol057

My condolences.  At the NC Wg conference this weekend, Brig Gen Chitwood made the comment that all members of CAP are family, whether we want to admit it or not. Anytime one of our members passes, whether naturally or traumatically, it affects us all. 

RickFranz

Unit commanders, wing staff officers, and CAP family members:

Please disseminate this information regarding funeral arrangements for Lt Col Hill as widely as possible among the membership of Kansas Wing so that members who might want to attend the services can make plans to do so.  Visitation will be held at Prairie Rose Funeral Home in Anthony, Kansas on Tuesday, 29 October 2008, between 0900 and 2000 hours.  Funeral services will be held at Prairie Rose Funeral Home in Anthony, Kansas on Wednesday, 30 October 2008, at 1330 hours.  Prairie Rose Funeral Home is located at 602 East Main Street, Anthony, Kansas 67003.  Military graveside services will be at Spring Grove Cemetery in Anthony, Kansas following the service on Wednesday.

Information regarding the services as well as Lt Col Hill's obituary are available online at http://www.prairierosefuneralhomes.com/index.cfm (the link to the obituaries is on the right hand side of the page).  An online guest book is also available for sharing condolences, memories, and sympathies.

Thank you,

Regena Aye
--
Regena M. Aye, Colonel, CAP
Commander, Kansas Wing

Rick Franz, Col, CAP
KSWG CC
Gill Rob Wilson #2703
IC1

MBevington

Thank you very much for posting the info on Eddie.  I am a childhood friend of his and have not found anything else on the web on his passing.  I wish I could make it back for the funeral.  Eddie & I were in boy scouts together, and received our Eagle award at the same time.  We also started out as room-mates, when we both went off to college at KSU, in the fall of 1973.  I have many fond memories of Eddie, the pranks we pulled, the scouting events--the 1969 National Jamboree at Cour D'Alene Idaho-with Neil Armstrong taking the first step on the Moon, shooting Estes rockets, and crashing Cox gas planes into concrete basketball courts (Thank goodness he got that out of his system!), Keyclub events, driving around in his metallic blue '67 Mustang with Magic Carpet Ride blasting.  etc..

Eddie, you will be missed, but never forgotten

God Speed!

Mark Bevington
Yerington, Nevada

RickFranz

Mark

If you go to link in my last posting they have an on line book to post comments for those that can not make the funeral  http://www.prairierosefuneralhomes.com/index.cfm 

I did not know him that long but it sounds like we all graduated but in 73'

I'm glad we could get this information to you.
Rick Franz, Col, CAP
KSWG CC
Gill Rob Wilson #2703
IC1