Main Menu

CAP on the Go

Started by RogueLeader, December 06, 2007, 08:04:30 PM

star1151

I'm really torn between listening to it and seeing what all the fuss is about and, well, not having what is apparently a horrific song running through my head.

jeders

If you only listen to about 10 seconds of the song you'll get the gist of it without the horrific nightmares.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Flying Pig

My fear is that my coworkers, whom Im trying to recruit, might hear me inadvertantly humming it and ask what it is. And then they'll hold me down until I sing it.

Nomex Maximus

Quote from: Flying Pig on December 07, 2007, 06:26:25 PM
My fear is that my coworkers, whom Im trying to recruit, might hear me inadvertantly humming it and ask what it is. And then they'll hold me down until I sing it.

You gots some really weird coworkers there, dude.

Nomex Tiberius Maximus
2dLT, MS, MO, TMP and MP-T
an inspiration to all cadets
My Theme Song

JCW0312

If they just catch you humming it (no lyrics), you could say you picked it up while you were watching a documentary on cruel and unusual forms of punishment.
Jon Williams, 2d Lt, CAP
Memphis Belle Memorial Squadron
SER-TN-144

Flying Pig

Quote from: Nomex Maximus on December 07, 2007, 06:57:55 PM

You gots some really weird coworkers there, dude.

Maybe its your coworkers that are weird.....and mine are really normal????

star1151

Quote from: jeders on December 07, 2007, 05:56:40 PM
If you only listen to about 10 seconds of the song you'll get the gist of it without the horrific nightmares.

Aw, crud.  I listened to five seconds and I'm scarred.

Eclipse

Quote from: star1151 on December 07, 2007, 05:48:05 PM
I'm really torn between listening to it and seeing what all the fuss is about and, well, not having what is apparently a horrific song running through my head.

The horror is REAL.

Murph played that at a unit meeting Tuesday and the !@#$% thing has been in my head since.

"That Others May Zoom"

jeders

Quote from: Eclipse on December 08, 2007, 12:44:47 AM

The horror is REAL.

Murph played that at a unit meeting Tuesday and the !@#$% thing has been in my head since.

I must be the only one that doesn't have that thing stuck in his head. In fact, I barely even remember it. Must be the fact that I've got finals on my mind.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

CASH172

I agree this song is horrendous to hear but has anyone researched the history of the song and where it came from?

RiverAux

I dare anyone to make it their myspace song..

Eclipse

Look!  The School Enrichment Program has an official song, too!

http://tinyurl.com/3849dg

www.cap.gov/documents/JCP_October_1_Info_letter.doc

"That Others May Zoom"

RogueLeader

I believe that the Song came from early 40's  before we became a benevolent  org.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

JohnKachenmeister

"CAP Is On The Go" was composed by Josef Myrow and the lyrics were written by Capt. Robert Mills, CAP.  The song was copyrighted in 1959 and adopted as the official CAP marching song in 1960 by the National Board.  The current recording is performed by the Air Force Singing Sergeants.
Another former CAP officer

Eclipse

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on December 08, 2007, 04:03:00 AM
"CAP Is On The Go" was composed by Josef Myrow and the lyrics were written by Capt. Robert Mills, CAP.  The song was copyrighted in 1959 and adopted as the official CAP marching song in 1960 by the National Board.  The current recording is performed by the Air Force Singing Sergeants.

And for good or bad, I have it on pretty good scuttle that the Sgt's are going to re-record soon.

"That Others May Zoom"

JCW0312

Quote from: jeders on December 08, 2007, 12:59:26 AM
Quote from: Eclipse on December 08, 2007, 12:44:47 AM

The horror is REAL.

I must be the only one that doesn't have that thing stuck in his head. In fact, I barely even remember it. Must be the fact that I've got finals on my mind.

Consider yourself lucky. The gods must be pleased with you! :D
Jon Williams, 2d Lt, CAP
SER-TN-144

♠SARKID♠

Wow, Myrow?  He wrote great stuff, but definitely not familiar with the traditional American march.  As for Mills, I dont know who he is, but he should have left the pen on the table.

star1151

But why would anyone continue to record it?   ???

JCW0312

^ I doubt it has been recorded in a long time. The question is - why would anyone convert it to a computer file for users worldwide to have the opportunity to hear suffer through?
Jon Williams, 2d Lt, CAP
SER-TN-144

fyrfitrmedic

Quote from: JCW0312 on December 08, 2007, 04:25:49 PM
^ I doubt it has been recorded in a long time. The question is - why would anyone convert it to a computer file for users worldwide to have the opportunity to hear suffer through?

Why would someone do this? http://www.cheddarvision.tv/

Some questions may not be meant to be answered  :)

MAJ Tony Rowley CAP
Lansdowne PA USA
"The passion of rescue reveals the highest dynamic of the human soul." -- Kurt Hahn