Emergecncy Services vs. Cadet Programs

Started by flyguy06, October 30, 2007, 02:55:15 PM

flyguy06

Quote from: Eclipse on November 05, 2007, 02:51:36 AM
Quote from: floridacyclist on November 05, 2007, 02:42:37 AM
I never said that it's pointless to emphasize ES, only that they (meaning the under-18 cadets) can't participate in flying ES activities. Therefore, if you want cadets to have a spot in ES for more than the few mission staff jobs they can do (MRO,CUL, and MSA) they need the GT and UDF training unless the goal is to practically freeze them out of ES.

Required or not, GT and UDF are a huge part of the cadet program's appeal.

It doesnt appeal to my cadets

DeputyDog

Quote from: Short Field on November 06, 2007, 06:25:19 AM
Just waiting for National to get back to me.  The guy with the answer is on vacation this week...

Did you get an answer?

floridacyclist

Quote from: flyguy06 on November 06, 2007, 03:32:29 PM
I think most individual programs are self-fulfilling prophecies. You have your open house and everyone comes and gets really excited about all the aviation stuff you do and before long, you have recruited an AE showcase. Guys that like doing it in the woods don't stick around for that. On the other hand, if they show up and the squadron building resembles a Special Forces bunker, you're going to attract the kids that think that's cool.

Bottom line is, it's all good as long as it gives them something to do and effectively competes with the street and TV. Other aspects of the program (or even other programs) are not our enemies, drugs, violence, and hopelessness are.
Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
Wearer of many hats, master of none (but senior-rated in two)
www.tallahasseecap.org
www.rideforfatherhood.org

flyguy06

Quote from: floridacyclist on November 16, 2007, 06:38:54 AM
Quote from: flyguy06 on November 06, 2007, 03:32:29 PM
I think most individual programs are self-fulfilling prophecies. You have your open house and everyone comes and gets really excited about all the aviation stuff you do and before long, you have recruited an AE showcase. Guys that like doing it in the woods don't stick around for that. On the other hand, if they show up and the squadron building resembles a Special Forces bunker, you're going to attract the kids that think that's cool.

Bottom line is, it's all good as long as it gives them something to do and effectively competes with the street and TV. Other aspects of the program (or even other programs) are not our enemies, drugs, violence, and hopelessness are.

I agree

Short Field

Mr. Desmarais, Sr.,

A question came up about the age requirement for Logistic Section Chiefs and Finance & Accounting Section Chiefs.  The eServices Ops Quals SQTRs are dated Mar 2003 (same as the SQTRs in the MBTG) but only state "age eligibility" not an actual age so that is no help.   CAPR 60-3 states 18 years is the minimum age for LSC and FASC.  The SQTRs in the 11 APR 2004 MBTG states the minimum age is 21 years old.   CAPR 60-3 was published after the SQTRs.   

Which  is correct

Age 21 is the requirements, and we are working to correct these issues with the next revision to 60-3.

JOHN W. DESMARAIS, Sr.
Deputy Director, Operations
Civil Air Patrol National Headquarters
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640