Report: Confirmed...Osama Bin Laden Dead!

Started by A.Member, May 02, 2011, 02:47:52 AM

Senior

A.Member

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on May 02, 2011, 04:07:26 AM
...But for the news to repeatedly state that spec ops are the only ones that coud possibly have done this is sickening! They are obviously forgetting about every soldier that this country has, Army Infantry and Marine Infantry could have taken care of this no problem.
Media is media...take it with a grain of salt.  That said, keep in mind this raid took place deep into Pakistan - and only about 150 miles from that nations capital.  This makes that operation very sensitive for a number of reasons.  As such, this really was a spec ops only type of mission.   However, to the point that all contribute to such a mission's success is not lost.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

cap235629

Quote from: A.Member on May 02, 2011, 04:09:44 AM
Quote from: Senior on May 02, 2011, 03:58:25 AM
The terrorist is now a martyr.  That is a big deal to them...
Here's to Bin Laden now finding out that those 72 virgins are all dudes.

nope they are all nuns....
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

caphornbuckle

Quote from: cap235629 on May 02, 2011, 04:15:52 AM
Quote from: A.Member on May 02, 2011, 04:09:44 AM
Quote from: Senior on May 02, 2011, 03:58:25 AM
The terrorist is now a martyr.  That is a big deal to them...
Here's to Bin Laden now finding out that those 72 virgins are all dudes.

nope they are all nuns....

Not where he's going in my opinion!
Lt Col Samuel L. Hornbuckle, CAP

A.Member

Quote from: Stonewall on May 02, 2011, 03:14:11 AM
Can I go home now?
President Bush stated it well in his remarks:
"The fight against terror goes on, but tonight America has sent an unmistakable message: No matter how long it takes, justice will be done."

Stay safe and Godspeed.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

disamuel

I'm proud to be an American.

Just like yesterday.

Dad2-4

Unfortunately someone who is NOT responsible will get the credit.
+1000 to the folks on the ground who really made it possible!  :clap:

cap235629

Think Bin Laden was a wee bit ticked off when he saw that his 72 virgins were dressed like penguins and carrying rulers??????
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP

cap235629

"You can kill a man but you can't kill an idea". The world is a better place without Osama Bin Laden. It would be great if his ideas died too. --- This was posted by an old friend who could not be further apart from me politically, but on this we agree
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP

NIN

Quote from: A.Member on May 02, 2011, 03:31:19 AM
Yeah, but we do have his body.  Which means we could do a Pershing... ;) :D

Thats my point.  A page from Pershing's playbook right about now.

Couple things:

a) The book & movie deal will be concluded before Labor Day. It might be a few years, but you'll get a Dalton Fury-style book, a Ridley Scott directed movie, and scores of poseurs in gin joints all around the world saying "Yeah, I pulled the trigger on Osama.."

b) Squadron Commanders: "The guy who pulled the trigger on Bin Laden is not likely to join your CAP squadron. Trust me. If a guy shows up on your squadron's doorstep claiming to be the shooter, the chances of him being legit are smaller than the chances you'll be struck by lightning. Really."

c) So I guess Osama shouldn't have used his home address when he signed up for Playstation Network and had his info compromised along with 70 million others... :)
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Major Lord

The idea that we have accomplished nothing by killing Usama other than making the Tangos cranky is preposterous. First, its justice. Second, we broke a link to Saudi Wahabi funding, and third, his death is a symbolic victory; Shah mat (Check Mate!) Yes, we will probably see a bunch of pissed of carpet pilots strapping up with Semtex, but they would have to be dealt with sooner or later anyway. Todd Beemer, sleep easy brother.

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

PHall

President Bush said in Sept 2001 that we would not rest until we got OBL.
And we did, no matter if it took 10 years, we did get him.
This is the kind of stuff they pay attention to in that part of the world.
If you say you're going to do something, you do it. Or you won't have any credibility.
And creditability or "face" is very important when dealing with the great huddled masses of the Third World.

SARDOC

Quote from: NIN on May 02, 2011, 05:02:47 AM
c) So I guess Osama shouldn't have used his home address when he signed up for Playstation Network and had his info compromised along with 70 million others... :)

Hahaha....thats funny...I'm totally stealing this

caphornbuckle

Quote from: SARDOC on May 02, 2011, 05:20:21 AM
Quote from: NIN on May 02, 2011, 05:02:47 AM

Hahaha....thats funny...I'm totally stealing this

Me too!
Lt Col Samuel L. Hornbuckle, CAP

SarDragon

Quote from: cap235629 on May 02, 2011, 04:15:52 AMnope they are all nuns....

Quote from: cap235629 on May 02, 2011, 04:47:31 AM
Think Bin Laden was a wee bit ticked off when he saw that his 72 virgins were dressed like penguins and carrying rulers? ??? ??

The resident recovering Catholic has confirmed my theory that virginity is not required to become a nun. Only abstinence after becoming a novice is required.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Reno

Andrew Reno, FO, CAP
Professional Development Officer
120th Composite Squadron, ARWG

cap235629

Quote from: SarDragon on May 02, 2011, 05:35:59 AM

Think Bin Laden was a wee bit ticked off when he saw that his 72 virgins were dressed like penguins and carrying rulers? ??? ??

The resident recovering Catholic has confirmed my theory that virginity is not required to become a nun. Only abstinence after becoming a novice is required.

But most are in fact virgins and it was a joke!
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP

PHall

Quote from: cap235629 on May 02, 2011, 05:38:49 AM

A joke that is quite possibly offensive to many Catholics. >:(

Major Carrales

Quote from: PHall on May 02, 2011, 06:18:46 AM
Quote from: cap235629 on May 02, 2011, 05:38:49 AM

A joke that is quite possibly offensive to many Catholics. >:(

As a Roman Catholic, it got my attention.  But I dismissed it for what it might have been...the result of elation/emotional outpouring at the Death of a true dastardly individual.  I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

The CyBorg is destroyed

One day down and eternity to go in the deepest pits of Hell for the rotten SOB.

Nothing will be enough for him to have paid for the blood of the innocents on 9/11 and of the U.S., NATO and British Commonwealth troops who gave their blood hunting him down.

But, as another poster said, I wish his ideas died with him.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011