Operation Pacific Passage

Started by JK657, March 25, 2011, 12:06:50 AM

JK657

Almost 2,000 military dependents evacuated from Japan are due at Travis Air Force Base in the next 24 hours. They are in need of volunteers and some supplies. I don't know if the local CAP unit is aware but if you are in the area and have free time I think its a very worthwhile event to volunteer at. No special skills are required. They have volunteers assisting with luggage, watching children, assisting with other details. Here's a link to a story:
http://www.travis.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123248056

Major Lord

Thanks, I will pass this on to the Sq Commander.

Major Lord
Travis Composite Sq 22
The fighten'est squadron in the United States Air Force Auxiliary!
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

JK657

Major Lord,

They seem to be putting out most of their info through the Official Travis Air Force Base  Face Book Page. Here are the two most recent updates:

UPDATE: Volunteers in support of Operation Pacific Passage should report to the passenger terminal at 5:45p.m. This information is current as of 2:30 p.m., March 24. For more information, continue to call the 60th Air Mobility Wing Straight Talk Line at 707-424-5728.

UPDATE: Volunteers are needed at 5:45 p.m., 8:30 p.m., and 1 a.m

I thought this would be a great opportunity for CAP to give a little something back to the Air Force and TAFB.