Cadet Advisory Council Representatives

Started by C/2d Lt, December 17, 2012, 11:22:28 PM

C/2d Lt

For the new session when do the representatives need to be selected? Should I being it up the chain that I would like to start one at our squadron or go directly to commander?
C/1st Lt Neuman                                                 Cadet Executive Officer    NER-NY- 135                                    

Kansas Wing Winter Encampment ES Flight-2012       *GTM3, MRO, UDF, FLM, MSA
New York Wing Encampment-
              2012- Golf Flight Inflight
              2013- Charlie Flight Commander- Honor Flight for the Encampment
              2014- Squadron 2 Commander

Cool Mace

As a C/SMSgt it would be more appropriate  to have a C/Officer as the rep for you squadron.
How if you don't have any higher ranking cadets, then I would bring it up your chain to see what they say.

Make sure you know what CAC is supposed to do, and not what people think they do.
CAP is what you make of it. If you don't put anything in to it, you won't get anything out of it.
Eaker #2250
C/Lt Col, Ret.
The cookies and donuts were a lie.

Pylon

Read CAPR 52-16, Chapter 7.

Para. 7-4(a): "c. Appointment Dates. Commanders will appoint their CAC representatives no later than 1 July."

Also, para 7-2(a)(3): "Unit commanders should appoint only cadet officers from their unit. However, if the unit does not have a cadet officer, the commander may appoint any cadet from the unit, or leave the position vacant."  In other words, you can only be appointed to your Group or Wing CAC if your unit has zero cadet officers.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

C/2d Lt

I understand that you need to be an officer, and by the time the commander would appoint a representative I would be an officer.

Additionally there are tons of cadet representatives, I have even seen some at wing level, that are not officers yet (one was only a C/MSgt.)
C/1st Lt Neuman                                                 Cadet Executive Officer    NER-NY- 135                                    

Kansas Wing Winter Encampment ES Flight-2012       *GTM3, MRO, UDF, FLM, MSA
New York Wing Encampment-
              2012- Golf Flight Inflight
              2013- Charlie Flight Commander- Honor Flight for the Encampment
              2014- Squadron 2 Commander

Pylon

Quote from: C/SMSgt on December 18, 2012, 03:24:34 AM
Additionally there are tons of cadet representatives, I have even seen some at wing level, that are not officers yet (one was only a C/MSgt.)

It is what it is, and I wouldn't lose sleep over it or bother call anyone out on it, but they are (or rather, in fact, their appointing commander is) breaking the regulation if they're at the wing level or higher and have not yet been promoted to C/2dLt or higher.

Be sure to also read the new guide to being on CAC as well as Chapter 7 of CAPR 52-16.   It's called Leadership in Committee.  It will give you a good head start on what you should be doing in CAC:  http://www.capmembers.com/media//cms/Leadership_In_CommitteeReduced_9CDE454F5662F.pdf
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP