SSG Leadership Test Study Guide

Started by Mavvrikk, July 31, 2012, 03:58:21 PM

Mavvrikk

Does anyone know if there's a study guide for the test for SSG on Chapters 1, 2, and 3? Just to help, since it's difficult to remember everything from 3 chapters? (I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this)

Nathan

I am not aware of any study guide for the Wright Brothers award. However, even if you had one, it wouldn't change the amount of material you have to study.

My suggestion would be to create your own study guide. Go through each chapter slowly and create questions with a separate answer key. Imagine it's your job to write the test.

Chances are that the guide you come up with will be more difficult than the test itself, which is fine. If you're thorough, then nothing you see on the test should come as a surprise when you take it.

It's a good study habit to develop now. The Mitchell covers those three chapters as well as everything else you'll study as an NCO, and the Spaatz covers EVERYTHING, so finding a way of overcoming these three chapters is going to be good practice for the larger comprehensive tests you have down the road.
Nathan Scalia

The post beneath this one is a lie.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Mavvrikk on July 31, 2012, 03:58:21 PM
Does anyone know if there's a study guide for the test for SSG on Chapters 1, 2, and 3? Just to help, since it's difficult to remember everything from 3 chapters? (I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this)

The correct abbreviation is C/SSgt. I'm sure there are guides out there, but the best one is the book. If remembering things is difficult from just three chapters, then perhaps you are not ready for the promotion just yet. You are expected to apply and master the skills in EACH chapter before moving on.

Mavvrikk

AngelWings

Quote from: Mavvrikk on July 31, 2012, 09:17:43 PM
Alright, will do. Thanks.
I'll see if I can find some of the links I found that I printed out to help me studied after I failed three times in a row (worst mistake you can do is not study everything). They helped me get a 100 in 3 minutes flat (I looked at the clock in the testing area at my squadron). It's all about study, study, study!

Mavvrikk

I've been typing up the objectives and the answers to them on my computer on one Microsoft Word Doc. My philosophy is that by the time I go for my Spaatz, I'll have a study guide for every chapter.

Perez

Mavvrikk, are you testing on learn to lead, or leadership for the 21st century? I know of a study guide that some cadets made for chapters 1-3 of L2L. It really helped me when I was studying for the Mitchell.
Train hard, train smart, and love life.

Mavvrikk

MSG Mac

Quote from: AngelWings on August 01, 2012, 03:10:22 AM
Quote from: Mavvrikk on July 31, 2012, 09:17:43 PM
Alright, will do. Thanks.
I'll see if I can find some of the links I found that I printed out to help me studied after I failed three times in a row (worst mistake you can do is not study everything). They helped me get a 100 in 3 minutes flat (I looked at the clock in the testing area at my squadron). It's all about study, study, study!

If you find them, please post to the site.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

AngelWings

I used a combo of the old cadet stuff leadership tests for the Wright Brothers and this Wright Brothers exam from Texas Wing:
http://texascadet.org/Resources.html If you look you'll find it. Very, very helpful. Of course, you'll have to study, but it is relatively easy since they give the page numbers.

The cadetstuff things were nuked, so they're not available, sadly. They were a bit irrelevent, but one or two of the questions were covered in it.

Mavvrikk

Alright! Thank you! I'll have to use that!

Nathan

Quote from: AngelWings on August 04, 2012, 01:45:27 AM
The cadetstuff things were nuked, so they're not available, sadly. They were a bit irrelevent, but one or two of the questions were covered in it.

Yeah, those tests were incredibly old. Most of the questions weren't even current when I was a cadet.

However, if anyone's interested in submitting their study guide to CadetStuff.org, there is certainly a place for it on the site.
Nathan Scalia

The post beneath this one is a lie.