Cadet civilian dress code

Started by NewDCC, June 13, 2011, 01:22:14 AM

NewDCC

On a recent overnigt activity with the cadets there was a issue with one of the female cadets civilian attire during our down time.  It would not have passed the high school dress code.  I gently encouraged her to put on he sweatshirt she was carrying as I was "concerned that she was cold", but that did not work.

Is anyone aware of any CAP guidance on this subject? 

FARRIER

Honest question, was to much shown? Or, was all areas covered, but too revealing. A letter home or a posting on the units website to direct the parents to, could have set the tone of appropiate dress before the activity.

Respectfully,
Photographer/Photojournalist
IT Professional
Licensed Aircraft Dispatcher

http://www.commercialtechimagery.com/stem-and-aerospace

Ned

My poilcy has always been that cadets are in uniform at all times at cadet activites.

(Including authorized "PT uniforms" or activity-specific uniforms like polos-and-khakis.)

But no "civies" until after the cadet is signed out.

Problem solved.

Ned Lee
CP enthusiast

FARRIER

When I was DCC, way back when, I used the term, "Wear that which your parents would allow you to wear". That seemed to work then, but, if you need to spell it out, do it.

Respectfully,
Photographer/Photojournalist
IT Professional
Licensed Aircraft Dispatcher

http://www.commercialtechimagery.com/stem-and-aerospace

jimmydeanno

I've only had one instance where this was an issue, and it was during PT.  The shorts met the basic description of what she should have worn, but were a wee bit short.  I just told her that her shorts were too short and to wear longer ones next time.  She did.

Instead of beating around the bush, just tell her that her clothes were too revealing and inappropriate.  Tell her that she needs to wear more conservative clothing the next time around. 

Remember that there are some things that aren't covered by regulation and are completely subjective.  Simply telling the person usually results in corrective action the next time around.  If not, then start to take other courses of action.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

ol'fido

What I have found in a lot of cases such as this at encampments and the like is that the female cadets will tend to police their own. They usually won't let a female cadet out in something that is too revealing.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: jimmydeanno on June 13, 2011, 01:45:34 AM
I've only had one instance where this was an issue, and it was during PT.  The shorts met the basic description of what she should have worn, but were a wee bit short.  I just told her that her shorts were too short and to wear longer ones next time.  She did.

Instead of beating around the bush, just tell her that her clothes were too revealing and inappropriate.  Tell her that she needs to wear more conservative clothing the next time around. 

Remember that there are some things that aren't covered by regulation and are completely subjective.  Simply telling the person usually results in corrective action the next time around.  If not, then start to take other courses of action.

I've also seen cases where the outfit was fine, but due to some, more sensitive people, they made it out like the cadet was streaking...