SER RCLS, 3-6 Sept 2010

Started by DBlair, August 24, 2010, 09:31:04 PM

DBlair

I was wondering if anyone on CAPTalk was planning on attending the Southeast Region Cadet Leadership School (RCLS) being held 3-6 September 2010 at Patrick AFB, Florida.
DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander

DC

I applied for a cadet staff position, but I have yet to hear anything back.

BillB

Ironic it's the same weekend as the National Board in California
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

DakRadz

Oh wow. That's a loooong ways off for me.

I'll stick with my "aim for encampment" plan- I'd love to do RCLS, but... Time, money, distance.

o.O I just learned a lot about BillB. And completely unintentional.

DBlair

There is a decent chance that I will be an Instructor at this RCLS, not to mention that I'll probably end up driving a van full of Cadets from FLWG/Group 3.

BillB

Interesting to hear what you heard about me. With all the rumors passed around, haven't found one true yet.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

DakRadz

PM sent- took me three tries to get coincidence spelled right.. Lack of sleep has me reminiscing about encampment, same feeling and brain capacity.

So is RCLS really only a weekend long? Seems a short time to instill the necessities which are eventually required to be a C/Lt Col or C/Col.

DBlair

Quote from: DakRadz on August 25, 2010, 09:00:03 PM
So is RCLS really only a weekend long? Seems a short time to instill the necessities which are eventually required to be a C/Lt Col or C/Col.

Technically, it is Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.

DakRadz

That makes a difference.

No joy for me. Hopefully next year COS or RCLS will happen, else I stagnate at the (still very honorable, but not my goal) rank of C/Major.

Radz out.

DBlair

Well, it looks like I'll be Instructing/Staffing the SER RCLS, if any of you are going to be there, let me know.

I'm proud to say that due to heavily pushing this course to the Cadets/Units in my Group (FLWG/Group 3), from what I understand, more 2010 RCLS participants are coming from my Group than anywhere else in SER. :)