SMART goals concept

Started by HGjunkie, August 18, 2010, 02:17:42 PM

HGjunkie

I'm applying for a staff position for FLWG winter encampment, and one of the interview questions asks about the SMART goals concept. I looked high and low through 52-16, but couldnt find anything about it. Does anyone know what the SMART goals concept is?

Thanks.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

jeders

This is one time where Google, not CAP regs, is gonna be your friend.

EDIT: Guess I'll add this:

S-Specific
M-Measurable
A-Attainable
R-Relevant
T-Time bound
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

HGjunkie

OK. Didn't have my morning coffee yet, should have realized google was my option. Thank you.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

jimmydeanno

Quote from: jeders on August 18, 2010, 02:25:47 PM

On the contrary.

Cadet Staff Handbook, Page 10, section 2.3 - S.M.A.R.T. Goals are covered.

If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

jeders

Quote from: jimmydeanno on August 18, 2010, 04:37:42 PM
Quote from: jeders on August 18, 2010, 02:25:47 PM

On the contrary.

Cadet Staff Handbook, Page 10, section 2.3 - S.M.A.R.T. Goals are covered.

Alright, well, I guess CAP does have a source. But still, Google works just as well in this case.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

PWK-GT

...and this concept comes to us again in the ICS 300-400 courses. So get used to it boys and girls, cuz it ain't going anywhere!  ;D
"Is it Friday yet"

JC004

Quote from: PWK-GT on August 18, 2010, 11:13:14 PM
...and this concept comes to us again in the ICS 300-400 courses. So get used to it boys and girls, cuz it ain't going anywhere!  ;D

Eh...they seem to think that they can make their very own ICS.  I wonder if this goals thing could be included in the "How to Be a National Board Member" packet.

JeffDG

Ummm....no.

SMART long predates ICS 300/400...it's a management concept for objective writing that's been around for decades.

jeders

Quote from: JeffDG on August 19, 2010, 05:13:00 PM

Ummm....no.

SMART long predates ICS 300/400...it's a management concept for objective writing that's been around for decades.

I think his point was less that it started with ICS and more that it is heavily stressed in the ICS 300-400 courses and that we should all learn it and use it.

lordmonar

Ummm....no.

1981 according to Wiki.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

DakRadz

Ummm....no.

He said "again", not originally. I think the point was that it is fairly well integrated into our program, so don't plan on it going away. I don't see in his post where it claims CAP made it up.
Back to my lane.

PWK-GT

Quote from: DakRadz on August 19, 2010, 11:21:35 PM

Ummm....no.

He said "again", not originally. I think the point was that it is fairly well integrated into our program, so don't plan on it going away. I don't see in his post where it claims CAP made it up.
Back to my lane.

Exactly what I said / meant.

With us having been mandated into the NIMS ICS training for almost 2 years now, I was surprised that it seemed to me that this concept / terminology was new to some posting here.

Nothing more to see here....
"Is it Friday yet"

vorter

WOW seriously HG, same questions as me... I just googled it and got it from there.... Looking forward to seeing you there, whats your Last and First name
C/2nd Lt Hyeung