Shifting Up

Started by capme, July 26, 2010, 10:16:57 PM

Capt Rivera

GA = General Attendee  ... sorry if that is a non CAP standard abbreviation... 

General Attendee = any cadet who is not cadet staff, a cadet who is just there to experience, follow... not lead...  At least that is my understanding...
//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander
Grand Forks Composite Squadron
North Dakota Wing, Civil Air Patrol
http://www.grandforkscap.org

DakRadz

I've heard "basic" or "doolie/dooley/dooly" used, but never GA for Civil Air Patrol. But maybe that's just me.

Someone please tell me how to spell that word I gave three variations of.

I still don't think any cadet without a previous encampment credit should be staff. That's rather odd to me.

Before trying to facelift (or transplant) the CP, get basic changes such as "Cadet must attend as a GA/basic/doolie(sp) before serving on staff at encampment."

YMMV.

HGjunkie

Quote from: DakRadz on July 30, 2010, 04:15:44 AM
I've heard "basic" or "doolie/dooley/dooly" used, but never GA for Civil Air Patrol. But maybe that's just me.

Someone please tell me how to spell that word I gave three variations of.

I still don't think any cadet without a previous encampment credit should be staff. That's rather odd to me.

Before trying to facelift (or transplant) the CP, get basic changes such as "Cadet must attend as a GA/basic/doolie(sp) before serving on staff at encampment."

YMMV.
"Doolie" is what we use in FLWG.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

MSG Mac

There is no requirement that anybody senior or Cadet be advanced in grade due to meeting the minimal requirements. A Cadet can be counseled that he's not ready for advancement and the steps needed to become ready.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

lordmonar

I think the orginal poster was really complaining about the practices of other units.  "I see to many SNCO and Officer cadets get promoted too fast".  Is a lament that they want to slow everyone up because of the few units that either do not know the standards or don't care about the standards.

So instead of really saying "Wing CP Director, you need to go see what the East Fourty Cadet is squadron is doing over there"...they are saying let's put up road blocks for everyone to "slow up" promotions.

Well if East Fourty is not aware of the standards....changing the standards does not make the problem better...it just means they have a new set of standards that they will not be aware of.

If East Fourty is aware of the standards and doesn't understand them or simply ignoring them....same situaiton...they will still not understand the new standard and or continue to ignore them.

The fix is supervision and intervention by the wing/group Director of Cadet Programs and/or his staff.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP