Should smoking be banned while in CAP uniform?

Started by RiverAux, July 14, 2009, 10:16:20 PM

Should smoking be banned while in CAP uniform?

Yes
45 (39.8%)
No
58 (51.3%)
No opinion
10 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 113

RiverAux

Incidentally, CAP currently does regulate what underwear you wear while in uniform -- both socks and t-shirts. 

Smithsonia

RiverAux
Not skivvies which was specific in my previous post. Since the T and socks can both be viewed from the exterior... then we aren't speaking about the same thing. Gosh, this is getting goofy. Read for meaning please and don't misrepresent the other side.
With regards;
ED OBRIEN

RiverAux

To me skivies means any sort of underwear.

Smithsonia

RiverAux;
Then for you boxers and briefs. One can't account for every regionalism.
With regards;
ED OBRIEN

RiverAux

Quote from: Smithsonia on July 20, 2009, 04:29:04 PM
RiverAux
Not skivvies which was specific in my previous post. Since the T and socks can both be viewed from the exterior... then we aren't speaking about the same thing. Gosh, this is getting goofy. Read for meaning please and don't misrepresent the other side.
Okay, if viewing from the exterior is the issue that defines whether CAP can regulate something you wear while in CAP uniform, then how can CAP regulate the color of socks worn with BDUS?  The BDU pants are bloused over the boot or tucked in and in which case the socks should never be seen? 

NC Hokie

This will be my final post on this matter.

To all:

Should smoking be banned while in CAP uniform?  Not outright, although I would support a regulation prohibiting it while in CAP vehicles, facilities, or while in the presence of cadets.

To Smithsonia:

Please answer this question with a simple yes or no answer: Can CAP restrict the activities of members at CAP activities or while wearing the CAP uniform in public?  Not should they, but can they?
NC Hokie, Lt Col, CAP

Graduated Squadron Commander
All Around Good Guy

Smithsonia

RiverAux;
Socks can be exposed at the boot top. Mine are often seen but seldom heard. I wear 8 inchers not 9-10 inchers and so I can expose a little sock now and then. Christian crosses can be worn but must be tucked in, etc.. in this we can assume placed in your T-shirt not stuck up a body cavity. Gosh this is the goofiest thread I have ever been apart of. And I've been in some doozies and with you I might add.
With regards;
ED OBRIEN

Smithsonia

NC Hokie;

I am not for prohibiting smoking. BUT, then too - I am for NOT allowing smoking in CAP Vehicles, among cadets (of course one can get accidentally caught and I wouldn't expect to be articled out if I was),I am not for smoking on the flightline, in the plane, or meeting rooms etc. Of course someone will now come up with a variety of "what ifs." Which is why advisory (specific restrictions) is better than prohibited (general ban).

I am a responsible man and good officer. Trust me to do right. Treat me with respect and you will always receive it in return. Treat me like a child and I'll treat you like an idiot. How's that?
With regards;
ED OBRIEN