What I do outside of CAP (Where my CAP dollars come from...)

Started by Fifinella, November 26, 2008, 12:29:26 AM

cap235629

I am a sales rep for a hardware supplier.  I set my own schedule and work from home so I am usually always  available.  My sales territory covers half of the state  so I am also on the Wings EOC staff roster.  Before this job I was mid level manager for a few years and prior to that spent 12 years as a paid Police/Fire/Ems responder/officer
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

Rob Sherlin

I'm a Night Auditor at a Hotel. So, I kinda' tend to live like a Vampire (up all night and sleep in the day). I also do freelance illustration and animation on the side, allthough I haven't done any of that lately.
To fly freely above the earth is the ultimate dream for me in life.....For I do not wish to wait till I pass to earn my wings.

Rob Sherlin SM, NER-NY-116

JAFO78

As for myself I have the following experience, 4 years shipping & receiving, 15 years owning a small cleaning business, about 10 years doing airline ramp and airline catering. I was injured on the job by having my right foot crushed in a catering truck pinch point. Missed the step, when truck box was not down all the way. I had 2 1/2 toes removed. The cold winters of MN just got to be to much. Cold weather causes lots of pain.

I meet my wife of 22 years through CAP. Total time in CAP 6 years with 2 different memberships.  I have 5 kids, 3 boys, 2 girls. Oldest 22 youngest 10. I worked for the Mouse when we arrived in FL. I took time off to spend with the family, 6 mos now. Yes I am climbing the walls. Hope to return to work in next several weeks.

:)
JAFO

flyerthom

Full Time Flight Nurse in helicopters and part time fixed wing. Per Diem ER/trauma nurse, and Advanced Cardiac Life Support Instructor.
TC

Eeyore

I run back office operations, technology development and deployment, market research, and database development and management for a national public affairs company. We specialize in Political Action Committee and issue advocacy management and consulting. We are a full service public affairs shop with quite a bit of development (fund raising) thrown in.

Although I have an office to go in to work at, I too opt to work from home as much as possible. All the more time for CAP.

James Shaw

12 Years with Procter & Gamble as Quality Leader, Safety Leader, HazMat Team, Fire Brigade Team, Medical Director for all Volunteer First Responders, Education and Training Leader. The are I work in makes Bounty paper towels.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - Current
USCGA:2018 - Current
SGAUS: 2017 - Current

AlphaSigOU

Over 15 years off and on in computer-aided drafting and design under various architecture and engineering disciplines; I currently work for a structural and civil engineering consulting firm in Dallas designing wireless tower and other telecom sites.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

DogCollar

Ordained minister in the Lutheran Church for 20 years, spending the last 7 years as a hospital chaplain/Director of Pastoral Care.  I am also down to my final project in a Doctor of Ministry program.  My work is on Spiritual Resiliency in times of trauma and disaster.  Anybody want to be in my D.Min. project?
Ch. Maj. Bill Boldin, CAP

Duke Dillio

I boil water for a living.....

I work at a coal fired power plant as an Auxilliary Operator, working toward Control Room qualification.  I also assist in the maintenance and run the water chemistry program.  It's 12 hour shifts, nights and days, but the pay is pretty good.  I'm also working on my Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Human Resources Management.  I am hoping to transfer to a law school but will most likely end up going to California Maritime Academy.  I've been in this field for about 5 years now.  Before that, I was an upper level manager in a private security company and before that I was in the Army for a while.

Someone on here sounds like Azakhet/Solace from a MUD I used to play.....  (sniff, sniff)

Al Sayre

I also boil water... 

I'm an Electrical/Instrumentation & Controls Engineer at a nuclear powerplant in SW Mississippi.

Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

NC Hokie

I fix broken computers for an aviation and defense contractor in eastern North Carolina.  When I'm not doing that or CAP stuff, I can be found doing any of the following:

• Cheering for the Virginia Tech Hokies
  • Completing a Bachelors Degree in Religion
  • Playing with my kids
  • Sleeping
NC Hokie, Lt Col, CAP

Graduated Squadron Commander
All Around Good Guy

EMT-83

I currently work in the IT department of a primary care organization, supporting 75 physician offices.  After 20 years in public safety, I had enough of the crazy hours and went into the private sector. The pay is a whole lot better, and there are no weekend and holiday shifts except for the occasional upgrade or outage.

Public safety is still in my blood, so I'm a volunteer firefighter/EMT in my home town. I go back to my old department on a per diem basis to answer 911 calls. It keeps my skills up and my mind sharp and I get to hang out with the old gang for a few hours a month.

jimmydeanno

I work for an enterprise networking company.  We conduct R&D and manufacture core routers, switches, wireless access points, IDS/IPS, etc. I work with New Product Introduction and Engineering ensuring that our manufacturers have all the information they need to build our product correctly as well as maintain each products history. 

Here's our website: www.enterasys.com
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

dwb

I write software.  I won't try to make it sound more exciting than it is.

NIN

I'm the IT Manager for a small distribution company in southern New Hampshire that's trying to become a *big* distribution company with the purchase of a competitor in CA last week.  My days & hours are quickly not becoming my own. :(

I also work part time as a skydiving instructor. And I occasionally do wedding photography.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Major Carrales

I'm an 11 year teacher and 20 year Mariachi violinist.  Ironically it is the latter that pays for CAP, the prior is for other non-essentials like food, water, shelter et al.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

Rob Sherlin

Mariachi violinist?

I am reminded of my next door neighbors I had in Los Angeles before I moved to NY. I don't mind the music at all....Just not "blasting" every weekend untill 2 AM in the morning.
  They finally got the hint when I got tired of it and went out in the backyard and played my bagpipes at 7 AM while they were probably hung over.... >:D
To fly freely above the earth is the ultimate dream for me in life.....For I do not wish to wait till I pass to earn my wings.

Rob Sherlin SM, NER-NY-116

ColonelJack

Chiming in, though I am retired ...

I teach 7th grade Social Studies, and am the news director for WRLA-AM radio in West Point, GA, and news director and evening anchorman for WCAG-TV, Channel 33, in LaGrange, GA.  I am also an actor, writer, and occasional stand-up comedian.

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

swamprat86

Quote from: NC Hokie on November 26, 2008, 01:15:40 PM
  • Cheering for the Virginia Tech Hokies

Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI
Tech, Tech, VPI

VTCC E-Frat '93 myself

swamprat86

I am a Senior CSR (read Head Teller) for Susquehanna Bank in NJ.  Been doing that for about 4 years.  Before that, just about everything, from EMT to pizza delivery guy and about 6 years in the DEARNG as a lab tech and MP.

Mark, get better soon.