National Youth Leadership Forum on National Security

Started by Huey Driver, July 11, 2012, 03:58:52 PM

Huey Driver

So, is anybody familiar with the NYLF on National Security? Are there any past attendees on here? It seems pretty cool, although I am no stranger to DC and have experienced a lot of things on the sample schedule. Also, would colleges and ROTC like this? Is there a good chance I'll meet other cadets?

https://www.nylf.org/ns/

Thanks!
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right...

jeders

Quote from: JerseyCadet on July 11, 2012, 03:58:52 PM
So, is anybody familiar with the NYLF on National Security? Are there any past attendees on here? It seems pretty cool, although I am no stranger to DC and have experienced a lot of things on the sample schedule. Also, would colleges and ROTC like this? Is there a good chance I'll meet other cadets?

https://www.nylf.org/ns/

Thanks!
Kinda, Yes, Possibly, Yes.

It seems that this is the new name for  the forum on defense, intelligence, and diplomacy, which I attended twice in high school. The first time I went, I hadn't yet submitted my membership application for CAP, so I didn't pay any attention to meeting other cadets. But I did meet a lot of people who I stay in contact with to this day.

I would say that if you are interested in going into any career fields related to defense, intel, or diplomacy that you should attend as it will give you some better insight into what these people do on a regular basis. Also, the adult seminar leaders are all active or recently retired from these fields, and getting to know them can help open doors. Additionally, you'll be able to tour our nations capital as well as various sites not open to the general public. I was able to tour the Pentagon, part of the CIA HQ, NAS Pax River, and I got to eat lunch with midshipmen at Annapolis.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse