Grog ideas and comebacks

Started by addo1, June 18, 2010, 07:06:47 PM

Short Field

Traditionally, trips to the grog bowl were for infractions in the Mess.  Just a few examples are members showing up late, coming back from break late, trying to pass off a non-standard uniform item as standard (i.e. buttons and connecting chain on the Mess Dress jacket because the old ones were too short...), sneaking out for a rest room break without getting permission of the mess to leave, smoking without the smoking lamp being lite, bringing a drink in from the bar, and failing to properly address Mr/Ms Vice or the President of the mess.  Sending people to the grog bowl became extremely boring, contrived, and lame when people were being sent to the grog bowl for being bald, being short, being too tall, something that happened in the office months before, something that didn't happen but was being claimed to have happened, etc.  Personally, I enjoy having a grog bowl at a dining-in when used right.  I have seen a few "charging" ceremonies that were exceptionally well done - but only a few out the 4 or more dining-ins/outs I attended each year during the last 12 years I was on active duty.   
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640