assistant duty not tracked on eservices?

Started by Майор Хаткевич, May 09, 2013, 03:48:09 PM

Майор Хаткевич

I was assigned as assistant leadership officer back in November. Switched to primary in March. I see the March assignment as the start date for leadership officer, bit any record of assistant time is not there, zero under past duties...

vento

I did not even notice it until you brought it up. You are right, mine doesn't show up neither when transitioned from Assistant to Primary. I wonder if it is a bug in the system or just an overlook by the Unit CC.

a2capt

There is a tickbox/selection to say "Assistant" when the duty is assigned in eServices. Perhaps they didn't put you in at first? At least there certainly used to be. I've seen it.

Eclipse

They are supposed to be tracked, but the whole duty assignment module seems to be somewhat flakey.

Are you sure it was properly assigned?

Regardless, you should be able to fix it with a memo to NHQ.

"That Others May Zoom"

abdsp51

Mine was tracked when I was the Assistant CDC here in Tucson and it's tracked now as an assistant testing officer.

Майор Хаткевич

I used to see the assistant portion with a "yes", and duty start time. Figured that when I was rolled over to primary, it would go into the bottom of past service. Instead the primary time has begun, and assistant service is gone completely. Not a real issue, I have the emails that notified me of the assignments, but had this been my first assigned duty, it could have potentially bumped me 3 months away from my CP job start, and if for some reason I could not substantiate, screw up my Senior rating requirements.

Eclipse

I would suggest getting it fixed. I have a couple of important assignments I need to have indicated to support my Master OE rating.

As long as you can substantiate things, NHQ fixes it in a day or two.  I had issues with encampments showing properly as well.

"That Others May Zoom"

a2capt

It does show it..

I needed a sample for something anyway.. :)

Storm Chaser

This used to work. I can see my past duty position as Ass't Ops Officer, but my past duty positions as Ass't ES Officer and Ass't Safety Officer are gone.

Майор Хаткевич

Spaceman3750

If they switch you directly from assistant to primary, it doesn't get tracked. You have to delete the assignment then re-add as primary for it to show in the history. You can backdate the assistant assignment then delete it to fix the issue.

I had this issue once as well.

Storm Chaser

It's not just the assistant position. I have a member that went from primary to assistant and his past duty position as primary is not showing up. Again, this used to work just fine. When did it break?

Phil Hirons, Jr.

As the Asst / Primary is an attribute of the duty assignment I suspect there is a logic error in the e-services code when a "new" duty assignment is made that matches an existing one except for this attribute. I would submit a help desk ticket describing how it happens both going from Primary to Assistant and from Assistant to Primary.

Майор Хаткевич

Right. I don't know the inner workings of it, but if all it takes is the yes/no switch, it should automatically end the previous staff post and push it into past assignments...

spacecommand

Same happened to me when I was first assigned as assistant CDC "It said assistant: YES" , later I changed to the be the primary CDC but eserves didn't record the assistant time, it simply changed the Assistant from YES to Assistant: NO, but no dates of my time as assistant was recorded. 

I suspect this happens when someone directly changes from assistant to primary.  Things do get reported if you are taken out of a/removed from a position and re-assigned into a position.  I have one position where I was accidentially taken out and then put back in a day later, it has two dates listed. 

Storm Chaser

Has someone submitted a ticket for this issue yet?

Private Investigator

Has this been resolved? Because I do not see any problem on my end.

I am thinking it is a Unit CC issue and not a technical one.

Storm Chaser

Quote from: Private Investigator on May 11, 2013, 05:00:41 PM

Can you please explain?

SarDragon

I looked at my record, and there are two instances where I moved up from Assistant to Primary that do not show the Assistant time. Not a CC problem.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Private Investigator

Quote from: Storm Chaser on May 11, 2013, 05:16:16 PM
Quote from: Private Investigator on May 11, 2013, 05:00:41 PM

Can you please explain?

Did the Unit/CC put your assignment into eservices? My present Squadron Commander tells everyone they are assigned Assistant Comm Officer, PAO (primary) Supply Officer, etc, etc. When we had an SUI turns out 50% people never were assigned according to eservices.

Now on my present Wing Staff assignment, I am IAOD from a SQ,  the Wing/CS accidently put me in eservices as Unit Staff. He cancelled it and put me in my current assignment as Wing Staff. On eservices it shows I was Unit Staff for one day. Saavy?