Main Menu

Transfer Questions

Started by inactive123, June 19, 2013, 08:35:17 PM

inactive123

Hello,
In a short week, My family will be moving out of state, to a different region, as my dad is in the military. I have decided that I will stay in Civil Air Patrol. Just yesterday, I was told that I will have to turn in any equipment I have signed out from my squadron. Does this mean I will have to turn in my uniforms (BDUs)? Also, I am preparing to promote, as I will be taking my Leadership Exam Tomorrow (If there is time I was told, as always). I would like to complete my board tomorrow as that would be my last opportunity to do so with my current squadron, as I might have trouble with a board with a new squadron and promoting as they don't know me and what they will be promoting. I will think this puts an additional challenge on me. But, the testing officer (Same guy who is the Supply Officer) said since there probably won't have time complete it tomorrow , he thinks it would be a good idea for me to do it at my new squadron. I feel our Squadrons agenda is pretty repetitive as last meeting was ES and the meeting before was AE and the meeting before that was ES and the meeting before that was AE. We will doing PT Tomorrow, as we haven't done it in two -and a -half -months. In the meetings the schedule is always so compacted, so there is rarely any time to do promotions. The Cadet Staff always tries their best to get promotion time for Cadets, but it is rare. Any help?
Thanks.
C/MSgt

Luis R. Ramos

You will not need to return the uniform. This is only if you resign or are 2b. However if you have been issued any corporate assets like a radio or a computer?? or any squadron property like parade rifles, flags? or things of that nature.

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Eclipse

Your free blues came from national and are only returned if you quit, whether or not you have to return your BDUs, which were squadron proprty, depends
on your squadron, ask them.

Don't get wrapped up in the promotion - if you can make it work, great, if not, drive on.  If your new unit CC is any good, he'll be contacting your old one to discuss
your time in CAP to date.

As to PT, even if the unit is only doing it sporadically, you should be doing it on a regular basis, so that should be a non-issue.

"That Others May Zoom"

a2capt

Taking a leadership exam, if there's time? .. I presume you mean the Wright Brothers test.

I can certainly see the inclination to want to get it done before you go, but being realistic, you've got a test, and then the drill portion that you can only do after you pass the test, and then the board.

Save it.

What a better way for your new unit to get to know you, instead. Capitalize on what you've done, and explain it to them. That's a lot to do in one meeting, as scheduling a review board pending the results of testing that could take half the meeting time, isn't typical, or convenient.

MSG Mac

Have you contacted the units in the new area? If not, you should at your earliest opportunity. Let them know you're coming and maybe a brief resume. Ask to hand carry your records from the old unit to the new, so you can hit the ground running.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member