CAPWatch Shutdown 2 January 2018

Started by Eclipse, July 06, 2017, 05:34:22 PM

arajca

Quote from: CAPWATCH - Frequently Asked Questions
    With the changes to CAPWATCH will there be a tool on eServices that performs similar functions as the SIMS program
        NHQ IT is not familiar with the SIMS program.  However, the vast majority of local applications will continue to be allowed under the new process.  Only functionality that is currently available in eServices/WMIRS should be sunset.

Somehow I doubt they are not familiar with SIMS. From what I've seen, SIMS is one of the most popular field developed applications in use. For National IT to NOT be familiar with it is a load of horse hockey.

NC Hokie

Quote from: arajca on August 25, 2017, 03:28:29 PM
Quote from: CAPWATCH - Frequently Asked Questions
    With the changes to CAPWATCH will there be a tool on eServices that performs similar functions as the SIMS program
        NHQ IT is not familiar with the SIMS program.  However, the vast majority of local applications will continue to be allowed under the new process.  Only functionality that is currently available in eServices/WMIRS should be sunset.

Somehow I doubt they are not familiar with SIMS. From what I've seen, SIMS is one of the most popular field developed applications in use. For National IT to NOT be familiar with it is a load of horse hockey.

I can easily believe it if the NHQ IT folks are only paid employees of CAP and not involved in the day-to-day operations of local units.
NC Hokie, Lt Col, CAP

Graduated Squadron Commander
All Around Good Guy