New Pilot Training

Started by Capt_Redfox30, March 26, 2008, 01:56:40 PM

Capt_Redfox30

I had a senior join my squadron last week who is a CFI.  He wants to become certified as a CAP pilot.  I have a checklist of how to become certified.  But, I cant find a checklist for becoming a Cadet Orientation Pilot, or a Transport Pilot, etc.  Does anyone know a place that has something like that.  Thanks. 
Kirk Thirtyacre, Lt Col, CAP
(Acting) Group Commander
Group 3 HQ

brasda91

Quote from: Capt_Redfox30 on March 26, 2008, 01:56:40 PM
I had a senior join my squadron last week who is a CFI.  He wants to become certified as a CAP pilot.  I have a checklist of how to become certified.  But, I cant find a checklist for becoming a Cadet Orientation Pilot, or a Transport Pilot, etc.  Does anyone know a place that has something like that.  Thanks. 

CHAPTER 3 – PILOT QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
3-1. General. This chapter prescribes aircrew qualifications and requirements to fly CAP aircraft.
3-2. Pilot Qualifications.

3-2. Pilot Qualifications.

f. Cadet Orientation Pilot. The following requirements must be met to be designated as cadet orientation pilot:

(1) Be an active CAP pilot at least 21 years of age (or 18 years of age with a valid FAA CFI certificate).

(2) CAP powered pilots must have a minimum of 200 hours (300 hours, Commercial certificate, and Class II medical for AFROTC orientation flights) total pilot-in-command (PIC)time in the category and class of airplane to be used.

(3) CAP glider pilots must have one of the following:

(a) A minimum of 50 hours PIC in gliders.

(b) A minimum of 100 flights as PIC of a glider.

(c) A minimum of 50 flights in the past 12 months as PIC of a glider.

(d) Be a current CFIG.

(4) Satisfactorily demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the cadet orientation flight program syllabus to a CAP check pilot and have the CAPF 5 flight check annotated as qualified to conduct cadet orientation flights.

(5) Be designated in writing as a cadet orientation pilot in the applicable aircraft group(s) by the present Executive Director, region, or wing commander, or their designee.

Wade Dillworth, Maj.
Paducah Composite Squadron
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

SAR-EMT1

What about the other pilot types? Transport etc...
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

nesagsar

Frenchie

Quote from: SAR-EMT1 on March 29, 2008, 03:02:41 PM
What about the other pilot types? Transport etc...

You can look it all up in 60-1, but the easy way is to go to:

eServices

Click on:

1) My Operations Qualifications/National Reports

2) Pilot

3) What do I need?

Select the achievement in which you are interested.

For Transport Mission Pilot, you need

1) 50 hrs X-country time logged.

2) ≥ 18 yrs old

3) GES

4) ≥ 100 hrs PIC