You're a contestant on a game show.

Started by brasda91, June 06, 2008, 11:56:08 AM

Would you wear an appropiate dress uniform?

Yes
No

JohnKachenmeister

Quote from: Major Carrales on June 06, 2008, 09:32:30 PM
Quote from: afgeo4 on June 06, 2008, 09:28:37 PM
What a great fund raiser that would be!

Yes, and imagine the Publicity and recruiting. 

More better to have it on Jeopardy.  Makes us look smarter.
Another former CAP officer

Eagle400

Quote from: brasda91Would you wear an appropiate dress uniform?

You bet I would!  (After I return to CAP).  I hope you read that, SarDragon!

I would wear the Distinctive Service Dress Uniform* (minus the gawdy and ugly service dress coat; I would wear the black leather A-2 instead).

Perfectly appropriate, 100% kosher, and a great way to advertise CAP.

*If the DSU were not in existence, then I would just wear the CAP blazer (with nametag and bullion shield) instead.

Hawk200

I wouldn't see the point of wearing CAP uniform on a game show, unless it somehow highlighted CAP. If that's not the purpose, then there is really no reason to wear it. I might, as suggested earlier in the thread, wear a lapel pin.

Ozzy

Well I probably would with permission from my commander... I've always said if I won a bit of money from something I'd give back some to CAP for being somewhat good to me...
Ozyilmaz, MSgt, CAP
C/Lt. Colonel (Ret.)
NYWG Encampment 07, 08, 09, 10, 17
CTWG Encampment 09, 11, 16
NER Cadet Leadership School 10
GAWG Encampment 18, 19
FLWG Winter Encampment 19

JayT

Quote from: Ozzy on June 07, 2008, 12:24:51 PM
Well I probably would with permission from my commander... I've always said if I won a bit of money from something I'd give back some to CAP for being somewhat good to me...

It's not really something that he can give you premission for brah.
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

Major Carrales

Quote from: Hawk200 on June 07, 2008, 04:21:22 AM
I wouldn't see the point of wearing CAP uniform on a game show, unless it somehow highlighted CAP. If that's not the purpose, then there is really no reason to wear it. I might, as suggested earlier in the thread, wear a lapel pin.

I think a well done squadron ball cap or even that polo shirt might get a few minutes of "bander."  Bob Barker used to do it all the time.  He once commented on a shirt from Texas (after all he trained as a Naval Avaitor at NAS Corpus Christi) and always did a few seconds to acknowledge a University shirt.  The "thing" then would be how to respond...

Bob Barker/Drew Carey: "Woah, Civil Air Patrol...Corpus Christi Composite Squadron?  Tell me about it..."

CAP Contestant on the Fabulous 60 Minute Price is Right: "uhhh..."

Some times the "Stars in the Eyes" of being on television nation-wide (even pre-recorded) can cause highly intellegent folks to "see the test pattern" in their mind.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

MIKE

Drew Carey is a prior service Marine IIRC... Hence the trademark glasses.
Mike Johnston

Stonewall

^^Yep, he was a Cpl in the USMC Reserves.  Read his book and had a conversation with him for about 10 minutes.

Serving since 1987.

SSgt Rudin

Quote from: Stonewall on June 07, 2008, 06:23:35 PM
^^Yep, he was a Cpl in the USMC Reserves.  Read his book and had a conversation with him for about 10 minutes.

He has more of a Marine hair cut now than then...
SSgt Jordan Rudin, CAP

jimmydeanno

Quote from: MIKE on June 06, 2008, 07:43:19 PM
Find one that better matches the existing ones, and we'll consider it.

If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

SAR-EMT1

I would only wear the uniform if there was a CAP / AF connection.

The folks who sometimes wear their uniforms, Wheel of Fortune comes to mind,
are there because every now and again the TV show sends a request to the local base for contestants.
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student