Zippered Undershirt for BDU

Started by Airman De Ruiter, February 04, 2013, 02:49:58 AM

Airman De Ruiter

Is the brown cold weather polypro undershirt authorized or wear with the BDU in CAP? It's it a zipper from the collar to upper chest and when zipped it comes up to a mockneck.
Signature edited.  Violation of Membership Code of Conduct.

abdsp51

Airman De Ruiter

I did. It doesn't fall into the category of t-shirt, does it?

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

abdsp51

Airman De Ruiter

a2capt

Ya know, it's more and more obvious this kid is not a member.. ;-)

He'd be a handfull at even the most lax and dysfunctional unit.

JayT

Quote from: Airman De Ruiter on February 04, 2013, 02:49:58 AM
Is the brown cold weather polypro undershirt authorized or wear with the BDU in CAP? It's it a zipper from the collar to upper chest and when zipped it comes up to a mockneck.

Why do you care? It's not a uniform you should be wearing.
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

Airman De Ruiter

It's a uniform that I will soon be authorized to wear and I just got a bushel of polypro undershirts so I wanted to know if they will be useful.

Eclipse

Quote from: Airman De Ruiter on February 04, 2013, 02:49:58 AM
Is the brown cold weather polypro undershirt authorized or wear with the BDU in CAP?

No.

"That Others May Zoom"

abdsp51

Quote from: Airman De Ruiter on February 04, 2013, 03:34:14 AM
It's a uniform that I will soon be authorized to wear and I just got a bushel of polypro undershirts do I wanted to know if tells be useful.

You need to seriously check the attitude, or you will not last long as a cadet and especially if you plan on enlisting.  That will get you slapped with a slew of paperwork you would not want. 

Sapper168

Quote from: Airman De Ruiter on February 04, 2013, 02:53:31 AM
I did. It doesn't fall into the category of t-shirt, does it?

Pg 63 Table 2-3, Line 12.    Not sure how you missed it. ??? ::)
Shane E Guernsey, TSgt, CAP
CAP Squadron ESO... "Who did what now?"
CAP Squadron NCO Advisor... "Where is the coffee located?"
US Army 12B... "Sappers Lead the Way!"
US Army Reserve 71L-f5... "Going Postal!"

Airman De Ruiter

Quote from: abdsp51 on February 04, 2013, 03:44:47 AM
Quote from: Airman De Ruiter on February 04, 2013, 03:34:14 AM
It's a uniform that I will soon be authorized to wear and I just got a bushel of polypro undershirts do I wanted to know if tells be useful.

You need to seriously check the attitude, or you will not last long as a cadet and especially if you plan on enlisting.  That will get you slapped with a slew of paperwork you would not want.

What attitude? I simply replied to his question.

abdsp51

Seriously? You have ignored any and all sage advice from members here and have always tried to get the last word in.  You need to read the materials and if you have questions especially on uniform policies you need to take it up with you CoC once/if you are approved for membership.

lordmonar

As in all things......first check with your chain of command.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Storm Chaser

I have several types of brown sweaters and thermal undershirts that were issued by the Air Force back when BDUs were worn. Not all of these were spelled out in AFMAN 36-2903, Dress and Personal Appearance of Air Force Personnel, nevertheless they were issued and authorized for use in cold weather environments.

CAPM 39-1 doesn't seem to leave much room for interpretation.

Quote from: CAPM 39-1
(Undershirts) Brown or black. Either V-neck, U-neck, crew neck or athletic style without pockets. Black or brown turtlenecks, dickeys, or thermal undershirts without pockets may also be worn. EXCEPTION: members may wear white thermal undershirts even if exposed at neck. Unit commanders may prescribe color, unit designation, and cloth or silk screen emblem, to be worn on left side of chest not to exceed 5 inches in diameter.

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: abdsp51 on February 04, 2013, 03:44:47 AM

Not to mention a slew of other things this person doesn't want in BMT, like unwanted "special attention" from the MTI's.

Mr De Ruiter, first of all, you do not know that you will "soon be authorised" to wear ANY CAP uniform.  You will not know that until/if your membership is approved, which, to my judgement, may be questionable anyway because of your SSN status.

My recommendation?  Cool your jets.  You are getting way, way ahead of yourself and may be setting yourself up for one heck of a disappointment.

The general consensus WRT anything to do with the (deeply flawed and full of Texas-sized holes) 39-1 is that if it is not specifically authorised, you don't wear it.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011