Yeager award certificate

Started by BradM, September 26, 2011, 06:04:33 PM

BradM

Hello, a couple senior members in my squadron have completed the Yeager award a few months ago. I was told that they were supposed to get a real nice certificate other than the one you can print out right after completing and passing the online test. Is this larger than 8.5" by 11" certificate automatically sent or must it be requested with a form?
BRAD MELILLO, 1st Lt, CAP
Finance Officer
Asst. Professional Development Officer
Brackett Composite Squadron 64
La Verne, CA

ammotrucker

In FLWG you must send a request to the WING AE officer and he/she submits this to National for the cert to be sent out.  Mine took almost 6 month to return.
RG Little, Capt

Spaceman3750

BradM

Thank you. Whats IIRC? It looks like in the CAWG we have to request it too. I just took my Yeager test last Saturday :) In my Squadron it looks like 4 of us should have this cert requested now.
Finance Officer
La Verne, CA

SARDOC

Eclipse

Depends on the wing - in the Ye Olde Days, you had to send a note to the Wing AE to get one processed and sent down, since the test went Online / open book, I've heard fewer and fewer wings are bothering.  I know mine has a few on hand but wasn't going to order more large-format certs past the current stock.

"That Others May Zoom"

Camas

I believe the member can take the test online or through the "old" way with the written test. If online a certificate (CAPC20) can be printed. If the written test is taken the test is forwarded to the wing DAE for processing IAW CAPR280-2. Sounds like if a member elects to take the online test he or she gets the printed one from the system whereas if he or she elects to take the written test the nicer certificate is then awarded.  I would hope that anyone can request the actual certificate for a suitable presentation. Different wings may have some restrictions on how all this is handled.

BradM

Yes I have the online test version of the certicate from taking the test last Saturday. I'm sure my 3 squadron friends also have that one. I think we all, (I know I would), would like the larger better looking certificate for framing and putting on a wall.
Finance Officer
La Verne, CA

EMT-83

I'm not aware that the written test is still available. Could be wrong, but I don't think that one was produced when the course changed in December of 2007.

Eclipse

Quote from: EMT-83 on September 27, 2011, 02:49:11 AM
I'm not aware that the written test is still available. Could be wrong, but I don't think that one was produced when the course changed in December of 2007.

While members are "encouraged" to take it online, the TCO or Unit CC may still administer it in-face, either open-book or closed book.
http://capnhq.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/746/kw/Yeager/session/L3RpbWUvMTMxNzA5MTk0MC9zaWQvWjg1cVg1Rms%3D

"That Others May Zoom"

EMT-83

Just checked – tests T49A and T49B were produced in December of 2009. It took two years, but they're available!

CAP_truth

Per National Headquarters the wing only sends out the large formatted certificates when a senior member take a paper test at the unit level. The large certificates are being phased out for the on line type of certiciate which has a number on it. My wing has a few of the certificates with past national commander's signatures on them and can not be given out. We can not get new ones at this time.
Cadet CoP
Wilson

spacecommand

In my wing if you took the online test, you print out the online PDF version, and the unit AE officer would send that copy to the wing AE officer, which printed out the nice CAPC Yeager certificate in big nice card stock (this was still happening as of last year), I don't know the status of it now though.

Майор Хаткевич

Took it online, never got anything for the "Love-Me-Wall" to put up next to my Cadet stuff. Meh.