Wrong flags at vanguard

Started by rhouston, June 14, 2010, 09:22:14 PM

rhouston

Has anyone noticed that vanguard is selling the wrong flag for the BDU?
-Rob Houston

DakRadz

How exactly do you add that one up?

This looks correct to me

And now I realized it's not backwards. Oddly, that makes it incorrect.

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

HGjunkie

••• retired
2d Lt USAF

CAPSGT

The flag patches that rhouston and DakRadz seem to be referring to are for the flight suit, where proper placement is on the left sleeve.  Since it is on the opposite sleeve from the BDUs, it needs to face the opposite direction.
MICHAEL A. CROCKETT, Lt Col, CAP
Assistant Communications Officer, Wicomico Composite Squadron

manfredvonrichthofen

I couldn't get over the shape, it's too square feeling to me so I used one from my old army bdu and I have gotten lots of compliments saying my patch looks better than the ones most members have, and it is still in reg. It is a lot more rectangular than the one from vanguard. Since you can purchase from aafes you should go to the shop or get online and order them they are always right and look great.

a2capt

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on June 15, 2010, 04:11:05 PMand it is still in reg.
Quote from: 25-Jan 2008 Changes to CAPM 39-1This 2" X 3" gold reverse field flag will be worn centered, 1⁄2 inch below the shoulder seam on the right sleeve..
If it fits that description, sure- it's in reg. Otherwise ..

rhouston

I talked to Vanguard today.  They said that CAP has to update what patches are to be used and send that to Vanguard to be updated in their database.  They sell the backwards flag, but it is not listed as part of CAP uniform in their database.  I have ordered the correct flag for the BDU and will send the other ones back. 
-Rob

davidsinn

Quote from: a2capt on June 15, 2010, 05:47:18 PM
Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on June 15, 2010, 04:11:05 PMand it is still in reg.
Quote from: 25-Jan 2008 Changes to CAPM 39-1This 2" X 3" gold reverse field flag will be worn centered, 1⁄2 inch below the shoulder seam on the right sleeve..

I wonder who actually came up with the dimensions? They're wrong. Executive order 10834 set the proportions as 1.9 times as long as it is tall. Since our parent organization is part of the executive branch it stands to reason that we should use the same standards.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Hawk200

Quote from: davidsinn on June 15, 2010, 10:23:55 PMI wonder who actually came up with the dimensions? They're wrong. Executive order 10834 set the proportions as 1.9 times as long as it is tall. Since our parent organization is part of the executive branch it stands to reason that we should use the same standards.
One problem with that logic: it makes sense.  >:D Can't do that, someone will get fired over it.

JC004

Quote from: davidsinn on June 15, 2010, 10:23:55 PM
Quote from: a2capt on June 15, 2010, 05:47:18 PM
Quote from: 25-Jan 2008 Changes to CAPM 39-1This 2” X 3” gold reverse field flag will be worn centered, 1⁄2 inch below the shoulder seam on the right sleeve..

I wonder who actually came up with the dimensions? They're wrong. Executive order 10834 set the proportions as 1.9 times as long as it is tall. Since our parent organization is part of the executive branch it stands to reason that we should use the same standards.

We had this whole discussion before.  It looks like that Vanguard patch meets the dimensions because the actual 2 x 3 is distinctively odd in shape.  The exact 2 x 3 is what the Hock Shop had/has, which is wrong.  The correct one (which I originally bought from AAFES by the box and distributed when the ICL came out) is what went on my uniform because my assumption was the whatever person prepared the memo didn't know that they weren't EXACTLY 2 x 3 and the Flag Code's specifications trump CAP's quick memo generation.  CAP isn't really precise with these things before they approve them, sometimes.  This was ESPECIALLY true when this came out during TP times...

Case in point: "U.S. Civil Air Patrol" tapes and plates.  AGH!