Started by Dragon 3-2, April 15, 2010, 03:09:56 AM

raivo

Quote from: SarDragon on April 15, 2010, 09:34:03 AM
By the way, you don't get your award until you learn how to spell it right.  ;D

Aw. I was just about to say that.

CAP Member, 2000-20??
USAF Officer, 2009-2018
Recipient of a Mitchell Award Of Irrelevant Number

"No combat-ready unit has ever passed inspection. No inspection-ready unit has ever survived combat."

Dragon 3-2

Yeager Award.....I can haz now :)

Captain  Steven Smith
Aerospace Education Officer
NJ-102 Plainfield Red Falcons
Eaker #2089
2009 NJWG / NER Dragon Drill Team

Gunner C

Quote from: flyboy1 on April 15, 2010, 08:10:49 AM
Go back into e-services and print the certificate. Otherwise, look at your e-record and you'll find that it is already there.

Congrats....hope you use the knowledge gained to mentor cadets and if you chose AE as your speciality, your next step is to start working toward the Crossfield Award.

By the way, your patch isn't a red dragon. That's a firebird from the 17th Airlift Squadron at Elmendorf AFB Alaska. Wear it with pride, that's quite an airlift unit.

AAMOF, the Elmendorf Cadet Squadron (Then 50017) became the 17th Cadet Training Squadron back in 1968.  The (then) 17th Tactical Airlift Squadron was our sponsor and we wore the red firebird on white.  Back then, the 17th wore a LARGE squadron patch where the command patch is now and the smaller patch on their baseball caps.  I still have one of the original patches that I was given as a cadet officer.  The 17th was, at that time, the only C-130 unit that flew them with skis on them for landing on the polar ice cap - Ice Island T-3 and other missions in Greenland.  One heck of a unit.

flyboy53

The unit still exists although the patch has gone through several changes. By the time, I got to Elmendorf and flew missions with this unit as a mission essential aircrew member, the ski birds were sent to NYS for sevice with the ANG and this unit was flying Ds or Es.

This unit regularly flys in an out of some of the toughest runways in the world...you could say they're four-engined bush pilots and they have a very proud history.