Main Menu

Yeagar Award

Started by Dragon 3-2, April 15, 2010, 03:09:56 AM

Dragon 3-2

Hey Forum,
I just passed both test for the Yeager award......now what do I have to do to get it on my ribbon rack?

I'm only a three month old senior member so bear with me lol

Captain  Steven Smith
Aerospace Education Officer
NJ-102 Plainfield Red Falcons
Eaker #2089
2009 NJWG / NER Dragon Drill Team

Seabee219

That's good, a lot of members do not want to do it, or do not care to do it.  It is good that you want to further your knowledge in CAP
CAP Capt, Retired US Navy Seabee.
  MRO, MS, MO, UDF, GT3, MSA, CUL
1. Lead by example, and take care of your people

Eclipse

Order the ribbons and a larger rack?

"That Others May Zoom"

EMT-83

You took one test too many; only one is required.

The ribbon can be worn as soon as it shows on your eService record. See CAPR 39-3, section E.

Dragon 3-2

sweet,  I was under the impression that you had to take both, and that someone in wing had to approve it

and I figured this is sorta my compensation for not passing my Spaatz

Captain  Steven Smith
Eaker #2089

IceNine

You don't need to be compensated for not earning an award.

And it will likely post almost immediately.  I'd suggest that you hand the certificate to your Personnel Officer or Deputy Commander and ASK them when you can wear the ribbon.

"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

flyboy53

Go back into e-services and print the certificate. Otherwise, look at your e-record and you'll find that it is already there.

Congrats....hope you use the knowledge gained to mentor cadets and if you chose AE as your speciality, your next step is to start working toward the Crossfield Award.

By the way, your patch isn't a red dragon. That's a firebird from the 17th Airlift Squadron at Elmendorf AFB Alaska. Wear it with pride, that's quite an airlift unit.

JC004

Hmm.  Both?  For passing both, I hereby award you a star to attach to the basic ribbon.  Poof.

SarDragon

By the way, you don't get your award until you learn how to spell it right.  ;D
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

davedove

Quote from: Dragon 3-2 on April 15, 2010, 03:58:17 AM
sweet,  I was under the impression that you had to take both, and that someone in wing had to approve it

If you want the big fancy certificate, you still need to notify your wing AE Officer.  Check with them for procedures.
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

Thrashed

There's a different certificate?   I just printed out the one online.

Save the triangle thingy

SARDOC

^ it looks the same as the one you print...But Bigger and on Nicer Paper...Suitable for Framing if one were so inclined :)

arajca

If they still have any. IIRC, when the stock was used up, that's it. No more were being printed.

vmstan

I went onto Vanguardmil to grab the link to post here, but then I discovered it's not for sale on their site ... what a big f-ing shock.

I did mine a month or so ago, and need a set for my blues as well. Wasn't aware there was a Crossfield award too.

Edit: Oh wait, I'm sorry. They list it under "General Yeager" award
http://www.vanguardmil.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=6881
MICHAEL M STANCLIFT, 1st Lt, CAP
Public Affairs Officer, NCR-KS-055, Heartland Squadron

Quote"I wish to compliment NHQ on this extremely well and clearly written regulation.
This publication once and for all should establish the uniform pattern to be followed
throughout Civil Air Patrol."

1949 Uniform and Insignia Committee comment on CAP Reg 35-4

Al Sayre

If you are so inclined, download the .pdf certificate to a jump drive, and then take it to your local Office Max, Office Depot or other office supply place that does printing.  For a couple bucks, they can print it on nice paper with a laser printer.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

vento

You also get an embossed seal if you are working on your level two. Below quoted from page 19 of CAP Regulation 50-17:
Quote4-8. Yeager Award Seal. Senior members who elect to complete the requirements for the Brigadier General Charles E. "Chuck" Yeager Aerospace Education Achievement Award before or during Level II training are eligible to receive a special Yeager Award embossed seal affixed to their Gen Benjamin O Davis, Jr. Award. To receive the seal, Section 8e must be completed on CAPF 24. Details for earning the Yeager Award may be found in CAPR 280-2, Civil Air Patrol Aerospace Education Mission.

MichaelAGates

The exact wording that comes up after the completion of the exam is...

Note: Once you pass the test, print the completion certificate and send it to your wing's Director of Aerospace Education (DAE). The DAE will send the Yeager Award Certificate (CAPC 20) to your unit commander.

Instructions to DAE: This certificate signifies the successful completion of the Yeager Online Test. Please send a completed CAPC 20 (Yeager Award Certificate) to the award recipient's unit commander. Once the CAPC 20 has been sent, complete a CAPF 127 and send to:

CAP National HQ/LMA
105 South Hansell St.
Maxwell AFB, AL 36112

jimmydeanno

Quote from: MichaelAGates on April 15, 2010, 09:41:43 PM

Note: Once you pass the test, print the completion certificate and send it to your wing's Director of Aerospace Education (DAE). The DAE will send the Yeager Award Certificate (CAPC 20) to your unit commander.

Instructions to DAE: This certificate signifies the successful completion of the Yeager Online Test. Please send a completed CAPC 20 (Yeager Award Certificate) to the award recipient's unit commander. Once the CAPC 20 has been sent, complete a CAPF 127 and send to:

CAP National HQ/LMA
105 South Hansell St.
Maxwell AFB, AL 36112

I suppose it would be too difficult to send an automated message to the DAE that says, "So and so just completed the Yeager.  Please send a completed CAPC 20...

Instead we have the member do the test.  Get an automated certificate, which we send to the DAE to certify they completed it.  Then, they send it back to the squadron.  Talk about bureaucracy.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Short Field

Quote from: jimmydeanno on April 15, 2010, 09:51:32 PM
Quote from: MichaelAGates on April 15, 2010, 09:41:43 PM

CAP National HQ/LMA
105 South Hansell St.
Maxwell AFB, AL 36112

I suppose it would be too difficult to send an automated message to the DAE that says, "So and so just completed the Yeager.  Please send a completed CAPC 20...

Instead we have the member do the test.  Get an automated certificate, which we send to the DAE to certify they completed it.  Then, they send it back to the squadron.  Talk about bureaucracy.

LOL  >:(  I tried for two years to get our previous DAE to send us the Yeager Certificates for the members who had completed it to no avail.  The DAE's interests were all focused at the regional and national level - forget about the wing.  Providing a automated certificate was one of the best thing National ever did.  At least now I could print out a certificate on decent paper and recognize our members at a meeting for completing the Yeager in a semi-timely manner. 
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

Dragon 3-2

Quote from: flyboy1 on April 15, 2010, 08:10:49 AM
Go back into e-services and print the certificate. Otherwise, look at your e-record and you'll find that it is already there.

Congrats....hope you use the knowledge gained to mentor cadets and if you chose AE as your speciality, your next step is to start working toward the Crossfield Award.

By the way, your patch isn't a red dragon. That's a firebird from the 17th Airlift Squadron at Elmendorf AFB Alaska. Wear it with pride, that's quite an airlift unit.

I do plan on giving bakc to the cadets as a AEO and CPO

my Red Dragon name comes from the name of the New Jersey Wing Drill team,
My squadron is known as the Red Falcons, i realized after the patch was approved that the bird came from the 17th.

Captain  Steven Smith
Eaker #2089