Main Menu

Retiring from CAP

Started by Chappie, October 30, 2018, 12:33:00 AM

Chappie

The writer of Ecclesiastes wrote centuries ago that "There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven" (3:1)

In October of 1996, I was privileged to join Civil Air Patrol and was appointed as a Chaplain within that organization.   Little did I know what great opportunities were before me.  In the past 22 years I have been able to serve from the squadron level to National Headquarters Staff.   The places that I have traveled to... the events and activities that I have participated in...the people that I have interacted with and served...all blur together into one precious memory.  It has been a fabulous journey.   But as it is with the times spoken of by "The Preacher", just as certain as a time begins, it also concludes.  Today I submitted the retirement paperwork with Civil Air Patrol with the effective date of 31 December 2018.

So it is with a full heart...I bid a fond farewell to an organization that I have loved and supported for 22 years.   Thank you to the members of the CAP Chaplain Corps and the CAP membership who have been members of my extended family for providing me with opportunities to grow and to serve.

Ch, Lt Col Paul Ward
Senior Advisor to the Chief of the CAP Chaplain Corps
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

Spam

Sir, thank you for all your service and best wishes to you.

In the past two decades or so, I've seen the products and effectiveness of your team vastly improve, with the Moral Leadership / Character Development product line of discussion aids mature from a simple outline format into a far, far better, more usable class aid. The products of hearts and hands of your Chaplaincy has touched many hearts, when used and multiplied in effectiveness by the thousands of our dedicated MLOs/CDIs/Commanders. I've seen it happen, and have experienced it myself in sessions I've led. For all that you have done to make life better for so many others... Thank you Sir!

Sincerely,
Spam

PS, before you go... tell us who decided that we no longer needed Leadership that was Moral, in favor of Developing some Characters (in jest).

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

PHall

JacobAnn

That is an awesome farewell message.  Thank you so much for your service to this great organization.  You will be missed.

Chaplaindon

Happy retirement and thanks, Chaps.

Blessings always!

Rev. Don Brown, Ch., Lt Col, CAP (Ret.)
Former Deputy Director for CISM at CAP/HQ
Gill Robb Wilson Award # 1660
ACS-Chaplain, VFC, IPFC, DSO, NSO, USCG Auxiliary
AUXOP

Briank

Congrats!

A bit of a "wow" moment as 1996 seems like just yesterday to me.  Hard to believe it's really been 22 years ago!

MDMike2017

Paul Creed III

Congratulations, sir.

I remember some good times at National Cadet Competition many years ago.
Lt Col Paul Creed III, CAP
Group 3 Ohio Wing sUAS Program Manager