Tony Pineda the Law Enforcement Agent

Started by flyguy06, May 31, 2007, 03:46:12 AM

flyguy06

Does anyone know what part of Florida Tony Pineda is a special agent? Is it south Florida somewhere?

Smokey

Well,,,,,,he works for the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.....a statewide agency.     Not sure which office he is assigned to though.
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

wingnut

Guys I know you may not like the man but we should have some op sec security on this, I for one think regardless of anything we blog here another members duties in law enforcement should not be discussed here unless discussed by that person.

ELTHunter

NOTF reported a while back, after "Testgate" broke, that he was retired from FDLE.  Supposedly, FDLE confirmed that.  I do not know if it was accurate or not.
Maj. Tim Waddell, CAP
SER-TN-170
Deputy Commander of Cadets
Emergency Services Officer

LtCol White

Quote from: wingnut on May 31, 2007, 05:10:23 AM
Guys I know you may not like the man but we should have some op sec security on this, I for one think regardless of anything we blog here another members duties in law enforcement should not be discussed here unless discussed by that person.

As a police officer....I heartily agree!!
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

mikeylikey

"Tony Pineda the Law Enforcement Agent"  sounds like a bad made for tv movie.  I would probably watch it though. 
What's up monkeys?

Major Carrales

"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

davedove

Quote from: LtCol White on May 31, 2007, 03:08:38 PM
Quote from: wingnut on May 31, 2007, 05:10:23 AM

As a police officer....I heartily agree!!

Quite frankly, we shouldn't be talking about anyone's "civilian" job without their input.
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

Flying Pig

As a cop myself, Id agree.  Unless you can find something in print officially, Id leave it alone.  Whether he's retired or not.   Really, regardless of their employment.

dwb

Frankly, I don't know how anyone can hold down a steady job and be CAP/CC.

If he's still an active law enforcement officer, more power to him for being able to pull it off!

Major Carrales

Why would anyone want to know this information?
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

flyguy06

WOW I ask a simple question and nine posts and no body is able to answer. For the record I AM A POLICE OFFICER myself. I didnt ask this question to bash Tony Pineda. Iasked the question because I was in Ft Lauderdale and I was talking to some Broward County Sheriffs and I saw a GA-8 plane intheir hangar and wondered if Pineda worked inthat area.

Thats the only reason I asked. I have to go back down there and I wanted to get in touch with him. You guys have turned my question all around when it didnt need to be.

I juat simply wondered where the man worked so I may say hello since I am a LEO and we are both in CP. Geeeez guys everything doesnt have to be about bashing somebody or about some kind of drama. Thanks for nothing guys.

And there is nothing opsec about it. Heck, if I really wanted to know, I would just call the FDLE and ask them but I thought I'd get some help on here. All you have to do is a yahoo searchand type inhis name. Its not that serious.

BillB

Under Florida's Public Records Law, the names of the employees of FDLE are public record. However their phone numbers and address's are protected information. There was a list of employee's and their office phone numbers listed on one of the State web sites, but it may have been dropped. It listed an office phone number for me in the Florida Department of Juvenile Justice I didn't know I had.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

LtCol White

Quote from: flyguy06 on May 31, 2007, 08:54:06 PM
WOW I ask a simple question and nine posts and no body is able to answer. For the record I AM A POLICE OFFICER myself. I didnt ask this question to bash Tony Pineda. Iasked the question because I was in Ft Lauderdale and I was talking to some Broward County Sheriffs and I saw a GA-8 plane intheir hangar and wondered if Pineda worked inthat area.

Thats the only reaaon I asked. I have to go back down ther eand I wanted toget in touch with him. Youguys have turned my question all around when it didnt need to be.

I juat simply wondered wher ethe man worked so I may say hello since I am a LEO and we are both in CP. Geeeez guys everything doesnt have to be about bashing somebody or about some kind of drama. Thanks for nothing guys.

And ther eis nothing opsec about it. Hweck, if i really wanted to know, I would just call the FDLE and ask them but I thought I'd get some help on here. All you have to do is a yahoo searchand type inhis name. Its not that serious.

Dude, turn down the flames. No one was bashing you. As a police officer, you know how we feel about publicly divuldging info like this and why. If this was a secure forum it would be different but its a very public one. Its different if the person wants to talk about that info themselves on here.

There are lots of FLA folks on here that you could PM to ask that question and not put it out in public on here. Thats all there is to it.
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

RAZOR

Tony Pineda is officially retired from FDLE. This was confirmed by FDLE Public affairs. All you have to do is call them and they will tell you if he is employed or not..

ELTHunter

You guy's need to get a grip.  The fact that Pineda is/was an FDLE agent was published in the Florida newspapers when they reported about "testgate", and by Florida papers, I mean the mainstream newspapers, not NOTF.

Google pineda FDLE and you get a reference to Tony Pineda, FDLE agent in 8 of the first 10 returns.
Maj. Tim Waddell, CAP
SER-TN-170

LtCol White

Quote from: ELTHunter on June 01, 2007, 02:29:13 AM
You guy's need to get a grip.  The fact that Pineda is/was an FDLE agent was published in the Florida newspapers when they reported about "testgate", and by Florida papers, I mean the mainstream newspapers, not NOTF.

Google pineda FDLE and you get a reference to Tony Pineda, FDLE agent in 8 of the first 10 returns.

Put your life on the line everyday at work and see if you don't become protective about your personal details being thrown out in public. You don't even have your name in your signature block here.
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

wingnut

Well Put
the problem is CAP is being tasked to be DEEPLY involved in law enforcement activities and many of the members are CLUELESS as to the potential dangers.

from my past life as a FUZZ I still have  incidents of running into people connected to cases from 25 years ago, believe me if you had anything to do with their demise watch out, I keep my mouth shut.

We just need to remember OP SEC mean Operational Security and it means Every One is involved in maintaining a Secure Operation Environment, LOOSE LIPS SINKS SHIPS, or BIG MOUTHS can get you killed.

ELTHunter

Quote from: LtCol White on June 01, 2007, 04:00:51 AM

Put your life on the line everyday at work and see if you don't become protective about your personal details being thrown out in public. You don't even have your name in your signature block here.

I am not advocating posting that kind of information normally.  I am just pointing out that in this particular instance, it is already well out in the public domain.  In general, I do not think we should be throwing anyone's personal details around in public.
Maj. Tim Waddell, CAP
SER-TN-170

mikeylikey

I think E-services will show his address to those who have permissions. 
What's up monkeys?

LtCol White

Quote from: ELTHunter on June 01, 2007, 01:11:19 PM

I am not advocating posting that kind of information normally.  I am just pointing out that in this particular instance, it is already well out in the public domain.  In general, I do not think we should be throwing anyone's personal details around in public.

Replied to your PM. 

As a note to all, we should not be discussing ANYONE's personal life on here. ESPECIALLY without their knowledge & permission. It doesn't matter if it has been published in a newspaper article. The media cares little about the consequences of their reports and frequently prints things that put others in harm's way.

We always preach the importance of safety in everything we do in CAP. OPSEC is a HUGE part of safety and no diffent from wearing a seatbelt when driving or staying clear of a prop on the flightline. Do it, do it right, preach it and live it and all will be safe.
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

flyguy06

Ok, you know what. I retract the question. Nevermind.

jimmydeanno

but what good are body guards if you can't use them... >:D
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill