Main Menu

capunits.com?

Started by Eclipse, May 25, 2007, 07:47:47 PM

JC004

Quote from: RiverAux on May 29, 2007, 02:05:41 AM
Sorry, I guess it was too much to ask to think that CAP could have a nice simple query that would show all the units in a state (like we had for years).  My mistake to think CAP's technological capabilities had advanced beyond about 1995.   

Well, here's the thing...when we advanced to contracting with this company for the unit locator, we eventually lost that list of all charter numbers, unit names, and locations.  I want it back, personally.

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Grumpy

How come you're listed as a Senior Member and not a Major, huh?

Guess who

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

RiverAux

Quote from: SarDragon on May 29, 2007, 06:53:29 AM
You mean this?
And where are the web page addresses associated with these squadrons that we had with the old unit finder?

Eagle400

Quote from: RiverAux on May 29, 2007, 12:44:58 PMAnd where are the web page addresses associated with these squadrons that we had with the old unit finder?

They can be found here.  Just enter either a zip code or city and state.  Not all units have a webpage, however.   

It does seem odd that the unit directory (different than the unit finder) would not list webpages for units that have them.   

RiverAux

My point is that you shouldn't have to use multipe sites and documents to get information we used to have easy access to and that we could have again with a few simple programming changes. 

JC, all that information is in the CAPWATCH database now so I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to meld it together. 

JC004

Quote from: SarDragon on May 29, 2007, 06:53:29 AM
You mean this?

No.  I meant the lists of all units (HTML) that were once on there.  It disappeared a while ago.  They made it easy for my purposes, especially to have the charter numbers all in front of me.  Probably better off with what we have now for external purposes, but internally, we made a lot of use of the other.