Main Menu

NCSA Funds

Started by CAPM, March 14, 2011, 10:17:02 PM

CAPM

Just curious if anyone's compiled a list of places to seek out scholarships for NCSAs?  We've had one organization suggested to us, but we have more than one in our family hoping to attend an NCSA this year.  Any ideas would be appreciated.  Thanks!

NC Hokie

Here's a few off of the top of my head. I don't know how likely any of them are to make an actual donation, but these are the places I'd start:

Veterans of Foreign Wars
American Legion
Air Force Association *
Air Force Sergeants Association *

* And similar organizations for the other uniformed services.

Also, IMHO, it's okay to call around for info, but the request needs to be done in writing by the intended recipient. Finally, be sure to send a thank-you letter for any assistance received and ask for permission to share their info with other members of the squadron. Whether you do this before or after any current application deadlines is entirely up to you.

>:D

NC Hokie, Lt Col, CAP

Graduated Squadron Commander
All Around Good Guy

DC

+1 for NC Hokie.

I don't know if you have asked yet, but you might even try your squadron and group. If they have the resources, they might be willing to sponsor you to go. My squadron has done that for me in the past and I know of others that provide scholarships to their cadets to go to NCSAs and encampment. They might also be willing to do a fundraiser if the money is not readily available.