Main Menu

10-1 Email Signature Setup

Started by Jon Moser, January 19, 2015, 11:45:55 PM

a2capt

Inbox may not support signatures at the moment, and I've heard some people argue that gmail does not either, however .. for clarification purposes, it certainly does:

dwb

My issues with the 10-1 email sig include:

- Reg change neglects to tell you what font to use
- Still no official source for the images in that sig
- Still no guidance on the size of the images (I've seen a few)
- "Air Force Auxiliary" is inconsistent with all other branding efforts to date
- No text-only option
- No tech support on how to add to common email clients

I'm pretty computer savvy, and I have had trouble getting this sig to look right. Assuming you know what "right" is, since the regulation is not clear enough on all aspects of the sig.

Jon Moser

Quote from: a2capt on January 21, 2015, 07:28:00 PM
Inbox may not support signatures at the moment, and I've heard some people argue that gmail does not either, however .. for clarification purposes, it certainly does:

It does, but unfortunately won't give the right colors from what I have seen so far. Is there a Google Labs add-on that might fix that?

Quote from: dwb on January 21, 2015, 08:28:15 PM
- No tech support on how to add to common email clients

I'm considering writing up some stuff for my squadron. I am going to give the reg two weeks before I do just in case it changes. If I end up writing something, I'll toss it on here for feedback and for others to use.
JONATHAN R. MOSER, Capt, CAP
Director of IT
Southwest Region

Eclipse

Quote from: a2capt on January 21, 2015, 07:28:00 PM

(image snipped)

Gmail absolutely supports creating this, with the limitation mentioned by dwb, but the display becomes mess in one round, not
to mention you can't control the display on the recipient side.  Long thread become this ghoulash of images in a mess, and
if the message passes through Lookout or some other olde-world program, it gets to be a real mess.

"That Others May Zoom"

Storm Chaser

I created this signature block in Gmail to test it, but it doesn't look quite right, especially the social media icons. Either way, I'm almost certain we'll see changes coming soon, so I won't bother trying to get this "right".