Woodland BDU's reclassified as "CAP-distinctive?"

Started by The CyBorg is destroyed, December 21, 2009, 05:22:35 AM

biomed441

I saw a homeless man walking the streets today. He had a full set of BDU's on, amongst other things. I was tempted to buy them off him as they looked to be in pretty good shape. Surplus stores around here are just about bone dry when it comes to BDU's now. That or they are closing their doors completely because theres no more business. At least that's how it is here.

As for BDU's going distinctive; I don't really see the reason for it other than controlling what little is left of the surplus (Would that mean CAP would be the regulating body for all those hunters and fishermen out there who use them?). From a cadet programs view, the cadets are going to want to be, and should be in whatever the AF is. I would hope that the AF approves the use of ABUs, not because we need them to do our job (which we don't) but to if nothing else, keep the connection of the cadet program and the AF strong.

I'll also agree with the others and in saying get rid of the UM blue tapes and get something darker. BBDU's and ABU's or whatever U's we end up in; it would just look better.

davedove

Actually, there would be one good reason for making BDU's a "CAP distinctive" uniform:  a large segment of the membership already has them.

That being said, do we need to do this?  I don't think so.  The blue field uniform works fine for our purposes.

I like the blue field uniform, except for one thing.  Every little spot of dirt shows up on them.  With the BDU's, that's not the case. >:(
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003