Main Menu

PT uniform

Started by hatentx, August 25, 2008, 02:07:48 AM

hatentx

So I was wondering what other squadrons wear for PT.    I have seen in my own that it is really a mix of everything from AF PT shorts and a CAP related shirt, normal work out attire, to sadly jeans and a t shirt.  39-1  is silent on this matter as far as I can tell and God knows we dont need another authorized uniform, but I was just wondering what other squadrons have allowed or if any of the above uniform options mentioned above in not acceptable. 

DNall

39-1 is intentionally silent to keep required costs down. There is an authorized PT uniform avail for order, but most people don't bother. My unit does black shorts & black Sq or other CAP related shirt - which is stupid since they tend to run at night next to a road. Encampment does pretty much the same thing as I recall - I'm always in my Army PTs for that, so I don't remember off hand. Personally, I prefer NOT to have them in a black shirt, cause I want to make sure they put a clean one on with their BDUs instead of the same nasty thing - and you know how some of those younger kids can be about that.

afgeo4

We have them run in the basic "gym" clothes. The ones they use in school. Shorts/sweatpants with t-shirt/sweatshirt, socks and sneakers.

We keep the logos on shirts simple or military. Nothing offensive of course. Other than that, there's no good reason to require a purchase of uniforms for a couple of hours of PT a month.
GEORGE LURYE

CadetProgramGuy

Our unit will be Black t-shirt, Black Shorts, Road vest.  (We run on the street)

hatentx

is the AF PT shorts Kosher or is that a No-No

DNall

yeah sure. like I said, I wear my Army IPFU stuff for all the PT I do with CAP. There's no reason they couldn't wear it. It's just an unnecessary expense that I wouldn't necessarily want to encourage.

DC

Grey t-shirt, dark blue shorts. We will be having some squadron t-shirts made soon, they are tan, with our patch on the front, and some motivational stuff on the back. In the winter the cadets wear sweatshirts, we prefer plain grey, but we don't fuss over it, and they have the option of a black or dark blue watch cap.

We also make a point of making some sort of water container, whether a canteen, a camelbak, or just a bottle of water, part of the uniform. The cadets learn real quick to bring water for PT.  >:D

I have seen the stuff that Vanguard sells, the shirts look nice, and aren't priced that bad, but the shorts are like $20.. I refuse to pay that much when I can get the same thing minus the logo for $2 at WalMart...

DNall

Quote from: DC on August 25, 2008, 10:51:43 AM
We will be having some squadron t-shirts made soon, they are tan, with our patch on the front, and some motivational stuff on the back
Like "You know you're a CAP cadet if..."

QuoteVanguard sells...but the shorts are like $20.. I refuse to pay that much when I can get the same thing minus the logo for $2 at WalMart...
Plus a couple more & you can get your Sq patch or "CAP" printed on them.

DC

Quote from: DNall on August 25, 2008, 12:27:08 PM
Quote from: DC on August 25, 2008, 10:51:43 AM
We will be having some squadron t-shirts made soon, they are tan, with our patch on the front, and some motivational stuff on the back
Like "You know you're a CAP cadet if..."

QuoteVanguard sells...but the shorts are like $20.. I refuse to pay that much when I can get the same thing minus the logo for $2 at WalMart...
Plus a couple more & you can get your Sq patch or "CAP" printed on them.
Our DCC is a graphic artist, we can get almost any custom items we want through him at about half the price you would normally see. But, I don't see any reason to make the cadets buy a special uniform for PT. We fundraised for the t-shirts, they will each get one for free, with our current grey shirts it is prefered that it is plain, but as long as it's not offensive or anything it doesn't matter. Same thing with the shorts, they just need to be blue...

This is what the back of the shirts will look like:

davidsinn

Black Tshirt, Dark blue or black shorts and running shoes.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

MIKE

Quote from: DC on August 25, 2008, 06:54:50 PM
This is what the back of the shirts will look like:

Get real.  Seriously.
Mike Johnston

DC

MIKE

Mike Johnston

DC

Quote from: MIKE on August 25, 2008, 07:09:54 PM
^ Obviously.
Perhaps you could explain your comment then.

Becks

Quote from: DC on August 25, 2008, 07:04:56 PM
Quote from: MIKE on August 25, 2008, 07:03:37 PM
Get real.  Seriously.
I don't follow..
Odd...I found it pretty easy to understand.

BBATW

DNall

okay kids, play nice.

hatentx

You pump me up HOOAH!!!!!

Pumbaa

This is going to be our PT t shirt...

We encourage a lot of running.

;D

Phil Hirons, Jr.

jb512

I'm leaving soon, but my last suggestion was to have everyone in black/blue shorts with a black t-shirt for staff and brown for everyone else.  They should already have that for their BDUs.