Blue Golf Shirt Wear & Trousers Requirements!!!

Started by RADIOMAN015, August 03, 2007, 05:47:51 PM

JC004

Quote from: RogueLeader on August 04, 2007, 05:25:22 AM
Quote from: JC004 on August 04, 2007, 05:23:21 AM
Quote from: lordmonar on August 04, 2007, 05:16:31 AM
Quote from: RADIOMAN015 on August 03, 2007, 05:47:51 PM
;D  Wow, anybody see the recent picture on the CAP website for news showing the pilot from NV wing wearing the Blue Golf Shirts with the CAP emblem & his name/aero rating BUT he was wearing denim jeans rather than those medium grey pants.  Personally, I see no reason why other pants styles & colors can't be worn with those blue Golf shirts.  Personally I kind of like the denim blue jeans idea..  Perhaps NV wing has supplemented the uniform manual. ???   

When you put the kibosh on PAWG and CAWG then you can come complain about some old timer wearing his blue jeans.  At least he had his CAP polo on.

Don't destroy my wing.  I need something to conquer.

^^ And I need to invade, I mean take over, opps, join  ;D

...and after I arm the wing, we are convoying to VA for a discussion with Vanguard   >:D

RogueLeader

Quote from: JC004 on August 04, 2007, 05:29:35 AM
Quote from: RogueLeader on August 04, 2007, 05:25:22 AM
Quote from: JC004 on August 04, 2007, 05:23:21 AM
Quote from: lordmonar on August 04, 2007, 05:16:31 AM
Quote from: RADIOMAN015 on August 03, 2007, 05:47:51 PM
;D  Wow, anybody see the recent picture on the CAP website for news showing the pilot from NV wing wearing the Blue Golf Shirts with the CAP emblem & his name/aero rating BUT he was wearing denim jeans rather than those medium grey pants.  Personally, I see no reason why other pants styles & colors can't be worn with those blue Golf shirts.  Personally I kind of like the denim blue jeans idea..  Perhaps NV wing has supplemented the uniform manual. ???   

When you put the kibosh on PAWG and CAWG then you can come complain about some old timer wearing his blue jeans.  At least he had his CAP polo on.

^^ And I need to invade, I mean take over, opps, join  ;D

...and after I arm the wing, we are convoying to VA for a discussion with Vanguard   >:D

Then we are going to "tour" Maxwell AFB, shortly after discussing Prostitution in NV as a fund raiser.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Major Carrales

Folks just can't "get casual" without looking like a slob, I guess.  What's next?  Oversized pants and a backward hat? ;)

Must look very professional...maybe I can wear a my golf shirt with my "Tom and Jerry" PJs.

As you can tell, I am no fan of the Golf Shirt.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

RogueLeader

Quote from: Major Carrales on August 04, 2007, 05:38:34 AM
Folks just can't "get casual" without looking like a slob, I guess.  What's next?  Oversized pants and a backward hat? ;)

Must look very professional...maybe I can wear a my golf shirt with my "Tom and Jerry" PJs.

Really, :o I hadn't noticed. ;)
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Grumpy

National Hq should not have allowed a photo of an unauthorized uniform combination to be published in the Volunteer Magazine in the first place.

SAR-EMT1

Good I like the idea of a shotgun divorce!
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

Major Carrales

Really... ;)  I avoid the things in my own wear...also, a Tee Shirt is underwear.  I would say my normal dress is 95% button shirts.  It's not "painful" to wear them.

Commander
SWR-TX-454

RiverAux

Quote from: Grumpy on August 04, 2007, 05:44:17 AM
National Hq should not have allowed a photo of an unauthorized uniform combination to be published in the Volunteer Magazine in the first place.

Public Affairs at NHQ used to really have a reputation for catching these sorts of things, but they really seemed to have slipped the last few years. 

sparks

I wonder what happened when the wing commander saw the picture? Maybe nothing or possibly uniform counseling. Any uniform can be worn improperly if permitted, heck I've seen people wearing BDU's and flight suits with tennis shoes, talk about standing out. Yes there was a counseling session on the spot. I like the golf shirt and slacks because it's easy to put on and comfortable in the heat of summer.

Everyone in a Nomex flight suit has my admiration in August when the temps and humidity go crazy.

The answer is knowledgeable enforcement of the regulations as written. Of course that means the people in charge have to know what the rules are. That's another discussion string.

lordmonar

Quote from: RiverAux on August 04, 2007, 02:25:05 PM
Quote from: Grumpy on August 04, 2007, 05:44:17 AM

Public Affairs at NHQ used to really have a reputation for catching these sorts of things, but they really seemed to have slipped the last few years. 

No...really!    Remember the Chaplains in the ACUs?  A few years ago I submitted some photos of my cadets doing a flag ceremony and everyone of them got axed because none of the cadets were in 100% correct uniforms.  Some where wearing Gortex, some did no have wing patches on, and one did not have a white on blue name tape.

But on the other side of the proverbial coin.  It is better to get faces and name in the paper than to insure that everyone is 100% correct in uniform.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Major Carrales

This is an example of "the continually slidding line."  If people can't wear service dress correctly, we created a golf shirt combo with grey pants...no jeans.  So then someone wears jeans.  So then they allow jeans, but in a good condition...not faded and no tears.  Then someone wears them faded...so we draw the line again.

Commander
SWR-TX-454

Nick Critelli

I always considered the golf shirt as a recreational uniform...and I use the term uniform lightly.  I wouldn't want to see one on a mission. 

arajca

I've started seeing it more at mission bases. Usually worn by pilots and aircrew who are not in flight positions, i.e. AOBD, brief/debrief, safety, etc. It is good for that because it makes it a little easier to determine which flying types should be in the back of the mission base and which should be in the staging areas. Plus, it provides a - dare I say it - UNIFORM appearance for the staff.

lordmonar

The Polo shirt was a popular option for the ICS/MBC guys at NESA.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

It's also a good combination for those who go to their squadron meetings straight from work easier to change into.  Sometimes it's as easy as changing your shirt. 

Also for any non-air crew members it's a great flying uniform in the summer when it gets very hot in that cabin.

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

jimmydeanno

I wear the golf shirt and polo shirt combos occassionally.  I think I look mighty dapper in them.  I think they present a professional appearance to people who don't understand the whole 'military' thing and makes you a little more approachable in those situations.

However, I do think that many people miss the intent of the uniform.

When I wear mine, I wear the Polo Shirt w/ Observer Wings, a plain black leather belt with open style silver buckle, charcoal grey dress slacks-no pleats, black un-patterned dress socks, and black leather shoes (http://www.florsheim.com/flstore/style.do?cID=10448).

Personally, I don't think that light grey looks all that good with the polos or grey/white and I don't think that cargo pants are appropriate either.  Honestly, I think they should pick a style and shade, make them available through vanguard and call it a day.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Quote from: jimmydeanno on August 06, 2007, 03:53:38 PM
  Honestly, I think they should pick a style and shade, make them available through vanguard and call it a day.

Now that would be too easy.  Much better to leave it vague and we all fend for ourselves.

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

flyerthom

You really want Scranton ?

Dude, Dramamine is your friend ...
TC

JC004

Quote from: flyerthom on August 06, 2007, 08:36:13 PM

You really want Scranton ?

Dude, Dramamine is your friend ...

Some portions of the wing will be auctioned off after my take-over.  I've been planning this all out since I was a cadidiot.

flyerthom

Quote from: Major Carrales on August 04, 2007, 05:38:34 AM

Somewhere out there right now is a cadet - on you tube-

CAP RAPPER!

Boom ba boom ba boom...
TC