Genuine BDU Caps on SALE

Started by MIKE, July 13, 2007, 01:48:57 PM

MIKE

Mike Johnston

jimmydeanno

Not necessarily, maybe it is just to be competitively priced...you can pick one up at the BX for $6.00 not the $10 on their original price...
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

O-Rex

Quote from: MIKE on July 13, 2007, 01:48:57 PM
Genuine BDU Caps on SALE

This a bad sign?

No, in fact, it's a good thing: It's all about supply and demand, and the demand for BDU items from Soldiers and Airmen is and will dwindle. I am hoping that this is the beginning of the windfall for CAP and other BDU customers. 

I don't know if there is still a hold on camo uniforms from DRMO, but as USAF transitions to the ABU, I would hope our cadets could benefit as well

jimmydeanno

Quote from: O-Rex on July 13, 2007, 03:13:32 PM
I don't know if there is still a hold on camo uniforms from DRMO, but as USAF transitions to the ABU, I would hope our cadets could benefit as well

Yes there is.  My sources tell me that CAP is trying to get them to let it go, but they get some excuse about BDUs and terrorists...
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

SARMedTech

Quote from: jimmydeanno on July 13, 2007, 03:52:10 PM
Quote from: O-Rex on July 13, 2007, 03:13:32 PM

Yes there is.  My sources tell me that CAP is trying to get them to let it go, but they get some excuse about BDUs and terrorists...

As if BDUs were hard to get. I just went to the uniform shop where I get all my EMS gear today and bought a pair of summer weight/rip stop camos. Plus all of the surplus places on the internet.
"Corpsman Up!"

"...The distinct possibility of dying slow, cold and alone...but you also get the chance to save lives, and there is no greater calling in the world than that."

badger bob

DOD froze issues  in January 2007 of all BDU uniforms from DOD-excess to all non-combat DOD programs including CAP, ROTC, JROTC, and various Law Enforcement Assistance programs. I have not heard the official explanation, however unofficially it may have had to do with BDU uniforms found to include the day-glow tape that combat units use.

CAP-USAF and NHQ CAP have been working on DOD reauthorizing CAP's withdrawl of Woodland BDU uniforms.
Chris Klein
cklein<at>cap.gov
The Supply Guy
IC2
National Volunteer Logistics Officer- Retired
WI-IGA
Wilson Award# 3320

jason.pennington

The Navy is transitioning to an awful blue woodland theme bdu next year -- I'm glad I am retiring!  Anyway, I asked the exchange if the green bdus were going to go sale or something.  They said NO.  The clothing has to be sent back to the manufacturer/supplier or someone.

JC004