hair cut standard

Started by CAP006, June 21, 2007, 12:21:46 PM

alamrcn

Quote from: Stonewall on June 24, 2007, 04:32:13 PM
Flat tops aren't bad I guess, they're a fad and often in style. 

Yeah, those 60-year fads... heh! Any and all of these hair cuts require routine maintenance. If you have the "what most cadet high-n-tight cuts look like" version, wait a week and it'll be ready for the "should look like" version.

I go back and forth with all of the above three... closest to the first one now. However, come August and our wing ES academy, it's going to be more the range of the other two. None of them look bad on any age of member - but like it was said, there is a certain melon shape that it doesn't work for.

-Ace

Ace Browning, Maj, CAP
History Hoarder
71st Wing, Minnesota

Ned

I think a good haircut for military and CAP folks is a clean taper (fade) off the ears and collar and enough hair on top to comb in a neat manner.

Sigh.

The hubris of youth.

Just wait a few more years, son, and look back at what you wrote.

:'(

ColonelJack

Every morning, when I comb my hair, I look at what breaks off in the comb with mixed emotions.

It's grey.  But it's hair.

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

MIKE

I guess mine qualifies as a crewcut.  It's pretty short, but it's not really a high 'n tight either.
Mike Johnston

Stonewall

Quote from: Ned on June 25, 2007, 02:24:25 AM
  I think a good haircut for military and CAP folks is a clean taper (fade) off the ears and collar and enough hair on top to comb in a neat manner.

Sigh.

The hubris of youth.

In addition to no known health problems, my family's genes carry with them full heads of hair, regardless of age.  Except my grandmother, but she's 90.  At 90, you can have my hair.  I'll be celebrating if I make it past 35.
Serving since 1987.

SARMedTech

Quote from: Stonewall on June 25, 2007, 05:03:13 AM
Quote from: Ned on June 25, 2007, 02:24:25 AM

Sigh.

The hubris of youth.

In addition to no known health problems, my family's genes carry with them full heads of hair, regardless of age.  Except my grandmother, but she's 90.  At 90, you can have my hair.  I'll be celebrating if I make it past 35.

Is your mothers father bald? The gene believed to cause baldness is passed through maternal genetics.
"Corpsman Up!"

"...The distinct possibility of dying slow, cold and alone...but you also get the chance to save lives, and there is no greater calling in the world than that."

Stonewall

Quote from: SARMedTech on June 25, 2007, 05:13:15 AM
Is your mothers father bald? The gene believed to cause baldness is passed through maternal genetics.

Negative.  Well, he's dead now, so yes.  But he wasn't.
Serving since 1987.

CAP006

Stillamarine, thank you for your reply. I showed the reply to the ES officer and he bit his lip and apologized.  ;D
CAP 006 = one away from the Big Shot

C/2nd. Lt. Robert Dahms
Cadet ES Officer
Cadet Comm's Officer
Color Guard Commander
MER-NC-023

Grumpy

All these problems with hair cuts.  Personally, I like mine.  The reverse Mohawk.

Jolt

EDIT: Sorry, mixed up X-linked and mitochondrial.

NewWaveKiller

I think a shaved head is the right way to go. Not only is it easy to maintain and lasts long, but it's the most squared away cut out there.
Pennsylvania Wing
Group 6
Squadron 123
C/SSgt Rapone

RogueLeader

^^ It looks good on me, but for some others, no- not really.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340