I wonder if I could use this?

Started by The CyBorg is destroyed, December 23, 2014, 11:21:40 PM

The CyBorg is destroyed

I have avoided getting the blazer uniform because I hate it, as most know.

However, were it needed, I wonder if I could use this...it's a Russian Air Force officer's service dress jacket, but take the insignia off and you've got a basic suit jacket, although cut a little different, and with no pockets except the false ones at the waist.

Exiled from GLR-MI-011

JC004

The CyBorg is destroyed

They're darker than the photograph shows.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Pylon

Seriously? 

That's not a blazer.

39-1 says two or three buttons. That has four; so it's already a no-go.  But really, a traditional blazer ought to have two buttons and no more.  One is for tuxedos, two or three is for civilian suits, and anything more is military uniform territory.

That jacket also lacks the 39-1 required left breast pocket.  No matter how you dice it, the answer is no. It's not allowed.

But do you really just need to find a way to work on eastern bloc and communist uniforms into nearly every discussion?  It's good to have interests, but this isn't a discussion board for foreign uniforms and yet it seems like nearly every uniform thread has some photo or contribution from you regarding eastern bloc/communist regime uniforms.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Bobble

Quote from: Pylon on December 24, 2014, 12:47:13 AM
But do you really just need to find a way to work on eastern bloc and communist uniforms into nearly every discussion?  It's good to have interests, but this isn't a discussion board for foreign uniforms and yet it seems like nearly every uniform thread has some photo or contribution from you regarding eastern bloc/communist regime uniforms.

No kidding.  Every time I see one of his uniform pics posted, I have visions of the OP typing away while pining for the good ole days of the DDR as "Back in the USSR" loops in the background at his abode.
R. Litzke, Capt, CAP
NER-NY-153

"Men WILL wear underpants."

Майор Хаткевич

*Slowly backs out of forum*

*Attempts to hide ushanka with hammer & sickle on red star*

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Private Investigator

The CyBorg is destroyed

It was actually a flight of fancy, and honestly looking for feedback such as yours on trying to get a coat that won't make me look like a Realtor (no offence to Realtors intended).  I seriously lean more toward an airline-type...and no, I'm not going to post a picture.

I don't know where you get it that I insert Eastern Bloc/Communist/Warsaw Pact/Union of Fewer and Fewer Republics into nearly every uniform discussion.

I believe Eclipse (correct me if I'm wrong) said that I do the same thing with Luftwaffe uniforms...and neither the WWII Luftwaffe or today's Bundesluftwaffe fall into that category (although their uniforms are almost identical in cut and colour).

Actually, my main interest is in RAF and Commonwealth uniforms...I'm surprised you hadn't noticed that.

If I follow your line of reasoning, most of the time I have used Warsaw Pact illustrations is to illustrate what I feel is the absurdity and illogic of "CAP-distinctive" uniforms, because most of them have predominantly grey components (and can be found on Evilbay usually quite cheap).  However, I have used Bundesrepublik Deutschland Bundesheer uniforms more for that, because their grey is almost identical to our grey - and, no, I'm not going to post a picture.

I also believe I have used West Point uniforms - and, no, I'm not going to post a picture.

The grey trousers I currently wear were actually made in England for LEO's over there - and, no, I'm not going to post a picture.

Quote from: Bobble on December 24, 2014, 03:21:27 AM
[No kidding.  Every time I see one of his uniform pics posted, I have visions of the OP typing away while pining for the good ole days of the DDR as "Back in the USSR" loops in the background at his abode.

And you would be incorrect in such an assumption.  Not only is my purported action wildly exaggerated, I do not own that song, nor anything by The Beatles.  I prefer Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple and Black Sabbath.

I shall never post photos on this forum again, ever - and I rarely say "never" unless I mean NEVER, because it is obvious to me that it has been very misunderstood/distorted/taken out of context.

Merry Christmas to all.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Bobble

quote author=CyBorg link=topic=19582.msg360690#msg360690 date=1419458828]
Quote from: Bobble on December 24, 2014, 03:21:27 AM
[No kidding.  Every time I see one of his uniform pics posted, I have visions of the OP typing away while pining for the good ole days of the DDR as "Back in the USSR" loops in the background at his abode.

And you would be incorrect in such an assumption.  Not only is my purported action wildly exaggerated, I do not own that song, nor anything by The Beatles.  I prefer Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple and Black Sabbath.

I shall never post photos on this forum again, ever - and I rarely say "never" unless I mean NEVER, because it is obvious to me that it has been very misunderstood/distorted/taken out of context.

Merry Christmas to all.
[/quote]

Just to set the record straight, there was no 'purported action", where "purported" signifies "Said to be true or real but not definitely true or real".  I was simply illustrating a mental image that has evolved over time for me personally, based on this post and the posts you have made in the (recent) past:

11/10/14 - DDR Officer's Uniform Collar Tab
11/09/14 - PLAF Uniform
10/24/14 - DDR Uniform Boots
                  DDR Troops, Marching in Formation
08/20/14 - Aeroflot Uniform
08/16/14 - DDR Luftwaffe Shirt
07/21/14 - German Flight Suit (DDR/BRD?)
06/30/14 - DDR Uniform Trousers
06/16/14 - PLA/PLAAF/PLAN Dress Uniforms
96/15/14 - BRD Bundesheer Flecktarn Camouflage
                  WW2 German Heere Panzer Truppen Jacket
05/24/14 - Schwiezer Luftwaffe Officer's Uniform
05/13/14 - BRD Bundesheer Service Uniforms

I apologize if you found my comment offensive.

Happy Holidays.
R. Litzke, Capt, CAP
NER-NY-153

"Men WILL wear underpants."

The CyBorg is destroyed

^^Not offensive, more puzzling than anything else.

Of course, I'm easily puzzled.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

a2capt

To be fair, I totally expected to see some threads from "over there, somewhere", when I saw the title and author.

I read with a grain of salt, mostly, for just that reason.

raivo

Quote from: Capt Hatkevich on December 24, 2014, 03:42:12 AM*Attempts to hide ushanka with hammer & sickle on red star*

I actually have one of those, because nothing says "we won the Cold War" quite like a capitalist purchasing abandoned Soviet Army gear on eBay.

CAP Member, 2000-20??
USAF Officer, 2009-2018
Recipient of a Mitchell Award Of Irrelevant Number

"No combat-ready unit has ever passed inspection. No inspection-ready unit has ever survived combat."

Angus

39-1 says two or three buttons. That has four; so it's already a no-go.  But really, a traditional blazer ought to have two buttons and no more.  One is for tuxedos, two or three is for civilian suits, and anything more is military uniform territory.

There are some (not many) 4 button suits that aren't military.   I actually have one myself, I like it but it doesn't get as much use as I'd like because it is cut so differently. 
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: raivo on December 30, 2014, 12:39:49 AM
Quote from: Capt Hatkevich on December 24, 2014, 03:42:12 AM*Attempts to hide ushanka with hammer & sickle on red star*

I actually have one of those, because nothing says "we won the Cold War" quite like a capitalist purchasing abandoned Soviet Army gear on eBay.

Hat came from Europe via grandmother. Star was purchased at a gas station in Wisconsin.