Ultramarine blazer?

Started by The CyBorg is destroyed, November 10, 2014, 11:05:20 PM

The CyBorg is destroyed

The pix of the Chinese Air Force personnel in the congrats thread to new Herr Oberst Ned Lee got me thinking (uh-oh).

The colour of the PLAAF uniform is very close to ultramarine blue, as in our old Smurf suits and some of our outerwear.

So...what about an ultramarine blazer, single- or double-breasted, with all allowable CAP insignia?

No way could that be confused for any other service (except the PLAAF!) and (at least for now) the other items of kit would remain the same.

CAP cutouts, resurrected CSU brushed-silver nameplate (I still have one, never taken out of packaging), CAP ribbons/aviation/qualification badges.  No more CAP crest, but maybe crest from Mess Dress instead.

Maybe even metal grade insignia..... :-X
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

ColonelJack

Quote from: CyBorg on November 10, 2014, 11:05:20 PM
The pix of the Chinese Air Force personnel in the congrats thread to new Herr Oberst Ned Lee got me thinking (uh-oh).

The colour of the PLAAF uniform is very close to ultramarine blue, as in our old Smurf suits and some of our outerwear.

So...what about an ultramarine blazer, single- or double-breasted, with all allowable CAP insignia?

No way could that be confused for any other service (except the PLAAF!) and (at least for now) the other items of kit would remain the same.

CAP cutouts, resurrected CSU brushed-silver nameplate (I still have one, never taken out of packaging), CAP ribbons/aviation/qualification badges.  No more CAP crest, but maybe crest from Mess Dress instead.

Now that sounds like a great idea!!!!

Shut your mouth!   ;)

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

PHall

Quote from: CyBorg on November 10, 2014, 11:05:20 PM

You never give up, do you.    Dude, that horse has been dead for quite awhile now. Let him RIP.

a2capt

At least it wasn't gray, or Germanic based this time.

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: PHall on November 11, 2014, 02:06:42 AM
You never give up, do you.    Dude, that horse has been dead for quite awhile now. Let him RIP.

Sir, is it dead just because you say it is so?

This is a thread about uniforms, placed in the appropriate area and using appropriate language within the CT Terms of Service.

You are not required to agree with it, nor even to read it, Sir.  It is merely a suggestion.

Quote from: a2capt on November 11, 2014, 02:21:49 AM
At least it wasn't gray, or Germanic based this time.

I loathe grey, and the Germanic based ones I have posted have been for comparison's sake; i.e., how the corporate kit is supposed to be "distinct," but yet looks virtually identical to the German Bundesheer and the former East German Nationalvolksarmee.  Most of my actual preferences have been British/Commonwealth based.

But, for old time's sake, and since you brought it up....

Doesn't the background blue of this East German AF Major's collar tabs look a lot like our ultramarine? ;D
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

PHall

Quote from: CyBorg on November 11, 2014, 02:56:55 AM
Quote from: PHall on November 11, 2014, 02:06:42 AM

Sir, is it dead just because you say it is so?

I think the fact that you have brought it up at in at least 20 threads might qualify.

The CyBorg is destroyed

I do not recall having made before the suggestion of an ultramarine blazer.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Al Sayre

An Ultramarine Blazer makes me think of a bad 1970's-80's wedding tux...
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

ZigZag911

The color is a bit much, though I could think of worse ones (orange, purple, lemon yellow, for instance!)