Does anyone remember this type of uniform?

Started by The CyBorg is destroyed, September 08, 2014, 04:19:11 AM

The CyBorg is destroyed

It would make an excellent general-duty uniform for CAP.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

SarDragon

Looks like the olde blue coverall style uniform, except with short sleeves. Didn't they just do away with this, with the uni reg?

ETA: Oops, maybe not. That had a zipper, like the flight suit. This is the blue version of the olde OG, pre-BDU uniforms.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

AlphaSigOU

These were the blue fatigues, worn by missile crews (replacing the white coveralls) and Transient Alert (TA) crew chiefs. The TA crews handled visiting aircraft. This particular shirt must have been worn by a TA troop at Kadena AB, Okinawa.

Missile crews later wore dark blue coveralls and finally got to wear the green bag and A-2 leather jacket (to the consternation of the operational flying community).
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on September 08, 2014, 06:15:12 AM
Missile crews later wore dark blue coveralls and finally got to wear the green bag and A-2 leather jacket (to the consternation of the operational flying community).

I have one of those dark blue coveralls; used as my CAP flight/utility suit.  Looks sharp and worlds better quality than VG, Rothco, etc.

Now if I could just find a reasonably-priced blue lightweight L2B jacket.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Flying Pig

Sgt Shimoda got a visit from the patch fairy.

Eclipse

"More patches then stripes..." sign him up, he's perfect for CAP.

"That Others May Zoom"

lordmonar

Quote from: Flying Pig on September 08, 2014, 07:57:19 PM
That's the way it used to be.

MAJCOM
WING
Squadron
And it looks like he is on on a special team....maybe Trans Alert or the PACAF Demo Team.

When I was AFCC overseas....we wore our AFCC MAJCOM AND the oveseas MAJCOM patch....then our squadron patch over our name.  Badges over the USAF
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

PHall

No, Sgt Shimoda was just following the PACAF Supplement to AFR 35-10.

PHall

Quote from: lordmonar on September 08, 2014, 10:52:05 PM
That's the way it used to be.

MAJCOM
WING
Squadron
And it looks like he is on on a special team....maybe Trans Alert or the PACAF Demo Team.

When I was AFCC overseas....we wore our AFCC MAJCOM AND the oveseas MAJCOM patch....then our squadron patch over our name.  Badges over the USAF

He worked in Transit Alert and they had received a Rex Riley Award for doing a good job. At least when the evaluator was there...

flyboy53

Yes,

I remember this uniform. The problem with these fatigues was the same as the OD green ones of that era. They didn't wear well over a period of time and got sloppy looking after a while.

Private Investigator

Quote from: flyboy1 on September 18, 2014, 12:09:22 AM
Yes,

I remember this uniform. The problem with these fatigues was the same as the OD green ones of that era. They didn't wear well over a period of time and got sloppy looking after a while.

I remember starching them in our quonset hut on Okinawa.   8)

NIN

Quote from: Private Investigator on September 18, 2014, 08:15:54 AM

" Oh, you had a Quonset hut. We used to dream of Quonset hut!"
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

lordmonar

Quote from: NIN on September 18, 2014, 11:10:37 AM

"Well......when I say Quonset hut.....it was actually two pieces of ply wood over a hole in the road...but it was a Quonset hut to us."
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Garibaldi

Quote from: lordmonar on September 18, 2014, 12:41:43 PM
Quote from: NIN on September 18, 2014, 11:10:37 AM

"Well......when I say Quonset hut.....it was actually two pieces of ply wood over a hole in the road...but it was a Quonset hut to us."

"When we had no Quonset hut, we had a poncho. And when we didn't have no poncho, we had branches and leaves. And when we had no branches and leaves, we had sand."

"You had sand?"

"We had sand. One time there was no sand, so I tried to make my own sand..."
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Flying Pig

When I was in the Marines we used to hang out at Kadena AFB when I was in Oki..... I swear the amount of patches an A1C could fit on one shirt was just amazing.

NIN

Quote from: lordmonar on September 18, 2014, 12:41:43 PM

"Luxury!"

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

AirAux

While we were living in Okinawa in a Quonset hut, my Mom got the tip of her finger cut off when the quonset hut door blew shut.  She also got bit by my pet mongoose, but she thought that was better than the Cobra or dreaded 2-step Habu snake that the mongoose was obtained to keep away.  What a fiesty little guy he was.  Slept with him every night.

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: AirAux on September 18, 2014, 08:30:40 PM

While we were living in Okinawa in a Quonset hut, my Mom got the tip of her finger cut off when the quonset hut door blew shut.  She also got bit by my pet mongoose, but she thought that was better than the Cobra or dreaded 2-step Habu snake that the mongoose was obtained to keep away.  What a fiesty little guy he was.  Slept with him every night.

I am a bit of an amateur herpetologist...I did not know that cobras were found on Okinawa, or that the Habu was regarded as being that venomous.

Or maybe I'm thinking of the snake accidentally introduced to Guam and basically infested the island.  My former supervisor was stationed at Andersen AFB and he said they were everywhere.

When I think of mongooses ("mongeese?") I think of "Rikki-Tiki-Tavi."
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: CyBorg on September 19, 2014, 03:56:19 PM
Quote from: AirAux on September 18, 2014, 08:30:40 PM

I am a bit of an amateur herpetologist...I did not know that cobras were found on Okinawa, or that the Habu was regarded as being that venomous.

Or maybe I'm thinking of the snake accidentally introduced to Guam and basically infested the island.  My former supervisor was stationed at Andersen AFB and he said they were everywhere.

When I think of mongooses ("mongeese?") I think of "Rikki-Tiki-Tavi."

Here's info on the infamous brown tree snake, which has overrun much of Goo-am: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_tree_snake
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

The CyBorg is destroyed

Nasty little creeper.  Everyone I have talked to who has put in any time at Andersen seems to end up harbouring a lifelong hatred for it.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011