6 (20%)
We shouldn't be wearing the Air Force uniform,  period
3 (10%)
I won't get gigged on customs and courtesies
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 30

RiverAux

Quote from: futura on January 04, 2013, 09:12:56 PM
Asked to wear grey and whites at Regional Staff College which was being held on an active AF base.

Hmm, wonder if that is standard?  If so, it adds another reason to why I'll never go to one (along with the fact that it is always at the same place in the region that would require two total days of travel time in addition to the school time -- why the heck can't they move these things around?  Its not like the group attending is so large that other cheap facilities wouldn't be available in every Wing).

Eeyore

I have both the AF Service Dress and the G/W combo. I only wear the AF uniform when I'm participating at a cadet activity or a more formal activity. Simple reason, the G/W combo is way more comfortable for any lengthy wear. If I'm going to be sitting in a classroom all day, I'd rather be sitting in something comfortable.

RogueLeader

Asked to wear grey and whites at Regional Staff College which was being held on an active AF base.

Which one and when?

The Rock Mountain RSC is held at Peterson AFB, which is very active, and the AF Blues were the predominant uniform.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

The CyBorg is destroyed

I have never seen a corporate or AF type uniform mandated as UOD.

I've always seen UOD mandates along the lines of "AF blue shirt/CAP equivalent" or "BDU's/CAP equivalent."

I have never seen a polo shirt mandated as the UOD, and I'd be out of luck if there were because I don't own one.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Fubar

Quote from: CyBorg on January 04, 2013, 11:01:56 PMI have never seen a polo shirt mandated as the UOD, and I'd be out of luck if there were because I don't own one.

I've seen this a few times during exercises, but only for personnel working at non-CAP facilities with other agencies, such as a command center or multi-agency "war room" like setup. From the pictures I've seen, my guess is the decision is based on the fact that everyone else in those pictures have been in polo shirts with agency names on them and there is a desire for our folks to fit-in. But that's just a guess, I'm just a few layers below were decisions get made.

I haven't heard any stories about anyone not being able to fullfil their assignment due to not having a polo shirt, but my wing is pretty polo-heavy.

futura

Quote from: RogueLeader on January 04, 2013, 09:59:49 PM

Which one and when?

The Rock Mountain RSC is held at Peterson AFB, which is very active, and the AF Blues were the predominant uniform.

2012 PRSC at Nellis AFB. Not manditory but strongly implied by past participants. Had about 80% G&W compliance. A very well run school in case anyone is interested in attending.

VNY

Quote from: NIN on January 03, 2013, 10:24:33 PMHe was literally the first officer I'd ever met who wore whites & greys who did not have to.

I don't have to either - I also wear GW by choice.  I have one (1) pair of USAF pants and I keep them hanging under my CAP service coat so they don't get mixed up with my CGA uniforms.

The shirts are the same but the pants are different.  But not so different you can't get them mixed up, and not notice you have on the wrong pair until you are standing in a group.

Devil Doc

I wear it because thats the only uniform i can wear. I still shave and have my hair cut(Most of the Time). I wear aviator sunglasses with it, i look like im an airline pilot, lol.
Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.

jspear

Ditto what Ned said....

Especially the part about an understanding wife, and a BIG closet !!!!
Lt. Col. Jack E. Spear, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson #280
Henderson Composite Squadron
PCR-NV-065
"Proudly serving since 1980"

Thrashed

Quote from: Devil Doc on January 06, 2013, 11:27:57 PM
I wear it because thats the only uniform i can wear. I still shave and have my hair cut(Most of the Time). I wear aviator sunglasses with it, i look like im an airline pilot, lol.

I am an airline pilot, so I have about 8 white shirts to choose from.  ;)

Save the triangle thingy

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: Devil Doc on January 06, 2013, 11:27:57 PM

The question wasn't aimed at you, because you say that you must wear that combo...my question was intended for those who don't have to, but choose to.  Maybe my wording wasn't clear enough, and for that I apologise.

Quote from: Thrashed on January 07, 2013, 09:22:38 PM
I am an airline pilot, so I have about 8 white shirts to choose from.  ;)

That's cheating.  You don't count. :) ;) :D ;D 8) :P
Exiled from GLR-MI-011