How about this as a hat for the aviator combo?

Started by The CyBorg is destroyed, April 07, 2012, 11:01:42 PM

The CyBorg is destroyed

I found this on Evilbay.

It's made by Bernard Cap, maker of hats for the military, and is kind of retro and cool-looking, plus the winged prop shows a link to our origins under the USAAC.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/L-K-USA-Retro-Officer-Cadet-Flight-Dress-CAP-p1f-/330711409973?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cffefa535

And, yes, I know it isn't grey.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

titanII

I hate to be the one that "goes there," but how high that cap is kind of reminds me of this:

(minus the insignia of course)
Along the lines of what you were thinking here, I think we'd be better off with a black service cap in the same cut/shape as the current AF cap.
No longer active on CAP talk

FW

Gee, why not wear it now?  There is no prohibition on wearing any kind of (civilian) head cover with the grey/white combo.... ;D

Eclipse

A good point - I always though a vintage crush cap with the olde schoole CAP insignia would be a cool thing to wear with the whites.

"That Others May Zoom"

Dad2-4

So I CAN buy a civilian made grey flight cap sans insignia and wear it with the grey/white combo.  8)

EMT-83

Quote from: Dad2-4 on April 08, 2012, 12:42:51 PM
So I CAN buy a civilian made grey flight cap sans insignia and wear it with the grey/white combo.  8)

Why does it have to be gray?

PHall

Quote from: EMT-83 on April 08, 2012, 02:56:43 PM

It could be tinfoil! >:D

The CyBorg is destroyed

That's just it, until/unless NHQ issues yet another ICL, it doesn't have to be grey!

This is listed on Bernard Cap's website as a "foreign military cap"...remove whatever that insignia is and hey presto!

Of course, if the bloody thing just has to be grey...

This is a West Point cap.

This might be a little iffy since it looks much like an RAF/RCAF/RAAF/RNZAF cap...not to mention that es ist die verbotene Farbe blau.

It's listed on Evilbay as a Greek Hat Costume/Greek Air Force
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Phil Hirons, Jr.

Quote from: CyBorg on April 08, 2012, 04:50:52 PM

This is a West Point cap.

A medium gray cap in current production. (I don't set WP changing cadet uniforms any time soon ;D)

Same rules as the blue one for device and presto.

Major Carrales

Ideally to match the trousers.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454