What are the chances of this being adopted at NB?

Started by The CyBorg is destroyed, June 03, 2011, 06:59:16 PM

davidsinn

Quote from: CyBorg on June 06, 2011, 08:42:07 PM
Quote from: RADIOMAN015 on June 06, 2011, 06:05:31 PM
I like the idea of the blue shirt.  However, we do need to get some red in there somewhere.  Since our colors are red, white, & blue.    Maybe the rank sleeves could be red, with CAP in white and the rank in the appropriate color.
RM

What is your thing with red epaulettes?

He's a troll. Plain and simple. He knows exactly what kind of response he'd get for that crap.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

RADIOMAN015

Quote from: davidsinn on June 06, 2011, 09:09:53 PM
Quote from: CyBorg on June 06, 2011, 08:42:07 PM
Quote from: RADIOMAN015 on June 06, 2011, 06:05:31 PM
I like the idea of the blue shirt.  However, we do need to get some red in there somewhere.  Since our colors are red, white, & blue.    Maybe the rank sleeves could be red, with CAP in white and the rank in the appropriate color.
RM

What is your thing with red epaulettes?

He's a troll. Plain and simple. He knows exactly what kind of response he'd get for that crap.
VERY Bright Red sleeves, white CAP, and regular rank.   Red background with white lettering on name tags.  (basically as I've said with the Blue BDU's for everyone also).

Hmm, I don't see our aircraft flying around painted grey.  The aircraft are painted in red, white, and blue scheme.  Stands to reason that our uniforms need to match the aircraft color.    Surely this would indicate VERY clearly in very low light conditions that we are the CIVIL AIR PATROL

Surely everyone is entitled to their opinion.  Isn't that what America is about ???

RM   

titanII

Quote from: RADIOMAN015 on June 07, 2011, 01:56:00 AM
VERY Bright Red sleeves, white CAP, and regular rank.   Red background with white lettering on name tags.  (basically as I've said with the Blue BDU's for everyone also).
I honestly don't mind the "BBDU with red and white for all" idea. I think it would do a good job of setting us apart while still looking fairly military. But on the other hand, I don't have any major quips about our uniforms as is. I guess like RM said, we're all entitled to our own opinions :P
No longer active on CAP talk

HGjunkie

QuoteYour freedom ends where mine begins.

And everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but everyone else is entitled to ignore said opinions as well.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

davidsinn

Stands to reason that our uniforms need to match the aircraft color.   

Why? Last I checked the AF, USMC and USN flew gray aircraft and the Army flew green. They all wear blue uniforms. Only the Marines have any red. The red, white and blue paint scheme is a recent addition to the fleet. You only mentioned red because you wanted to stir the pot.

Surely everyone is entitled to their opinion.  Isn't that what America is about ???

RM   

Yes it is. You have stated your opinion time and time again. I'm entitled to my opinion too: you are a troll.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

JC004

Members should not match aircraft.  It is clearly a safety hazard to match aircraft, just as it is a safety hazard to match trees.  Ideally, members should not match anything anywhere and a distinctive color should be made up that has never existed before because it is the CIVIL AIR PATROL.

Or something...

AngelWings

Hawk200

And once that's done, you can then start arguing that we don't need uniforms, and shouldn't have to bother with that whole Air Force thing. May as well just turn it into that flying club you've been dreaming for.

Why do you even bother staying within an organization that is clearly not arranged the way you want it to be? It doesn't actually provide any benefit to you. Or do you reason that since you're paying dues, you have the right to demand things be done your way?

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

AlphaSigOU

Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

JC004

Майор Хаткевич

BillB

Yes, go to red epaulets. And put an S on them for Senior member.  Oh wait, the Salvation Army has already done that.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: BillB on June 07, 2011, 01:00:23 PM
Yes, go to red epaulets. And put an S on them for Senior member.  Oh wait, the Salvation Army has already done that.

Non issue. Go for "SM", and change meaning to "Super Member"