Flight cap with blue utility jumpsuit?

Started by The CyBorg is destroyed, December 07, 2010, 05:47:34 AM

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: Eclipse on December 08, 2010, 05:07:31 AM
I'd go with that if the flight suits were treated like a tanker suit, etc., IOWs for anytime one needs a quick uniform.

As it stands, flight suits are for flying, and the utility suit is for anything, including GT / UDF.

Agreed.

The utility suit is my preferred uniform for the winter months, unless another UOD is prescribed.  It's easy to do layers underneath it, and it still looks good.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Slim

Quote from: CyBorg on December 08, 2010, 05:03:43 AM
Quote from: RiverAux on December 08, 2010, 04:59:55 AM
That may be the case, but there is still no need for a uniform of different design since all-cotton flight suits are easily and cheaply available.  Therefore it can go.

If you can point me to a dark blue all-cotton "flight suit" that is comparably priced, of better quality than the Rothco crap and is compliant with 39-1, please do so.

Here you go.

This is the Atlanco/Tru-Spec version.  In the beginning, Vanguard was selling the Rothco version, then switched to Tru-Spec; they also raised the price about $10.  I bought one from them at that time, I'm guessing about 2003-2004.  That one, while still serviceable, was getting a little old, so I ordered another one from Vanguard.  What I got was the same Rothco crap, at the price of the Tru-Spec version.  Then, they refused to accept the return because what they advertise (the picture on the website still shows the Tru-Spec version) isn't what they're delivering.

I found that site through a search, and bought one from them about a year ago.  Very good quality, heavy poly/cotton twill, same as my original.  Still looks new after moderate wear and washing.  Only issue I had with it is that I had to resew the waist velcro after a few months (had to do this with my original too).

Slim

Eclipse

Looks like the nametag is in the right place, unlike the Rothco which I have to move...

"That Others May Zoom"

SARDOC

I got the ROTHCO Version and immediately sent it back the Vendor...Wow I couldn't wear something that looks that bad in public...and I'm not usually picky but the thread count was so low you could see daylight through it not to mention all of the imperfections and poor workmanship.

N Harmon

Quote from: Slim on December 09, 2010, 06:36:13 AMI ordered another one from Vanguard.  What I got was the same Rothco crap, at the price of the Tru-Spec version.  Then, they refused to accept the return because what they advertise (the picture on the website still shows the Tru-Spec version) isn't what they're delivering.

Wow, that is ridiculous. I think Vanguard's refusal to accept the return was completely out of line with their return policy:

Returns/Refunds - If you're not satisfied with your purchase, return it in good condition within 15 days for refund or exchange. Please call or email for authorization to return merchandise. We cannot accept returns or refunds on custom or personalized orders unless it is to correct a mistake on Vanguard's part. We also cannot accept returns for "Clearance" items.

You were not satisfied, so they should accept the return. Did you pay by credit card? If so you should have requested a chargeback from the card company because the merchant did not send you what you ordered and refused to make it right.

At the very least you might consider submitting your story up the chain so when it comes time for CAP to renegotiate its contract with Vanguard, they can use it to get a better arrangement.
NATHAN A. HARMON, Capt, CAP
Monroe Composite Squadron

The CyBorg is destroyed

Thank you, Slim.  Looks good, seems sturdy and isn't overpriced.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Slim

Quote from: Eclipse on December 09, 2010, 03:24:10 PM
Looks like the nametag is in the right place, unlike the Rothco which I have to move...

It is, but...

The velcro patch is actually about 2"x3".  When I got it, I cut that piece off and replaced it with a piece that is 2"x4", then used the smaller patch of pile for the flag patch on the left sleeve.

Quote from: N Harmon on December 09, 2010, 04:39:01 PM
Quote from: Slim on December 09, 2010, 06:36:13 AMI ordered another one from Vanguard.  What I got was the same Rothco crap, at the price of the Tru-Spec version.  Then, they refused to accept the return because what they advertise (the picture on the website still shows the Tru-Spec version) isn't what they're delivering.

Wow, that is ridiculous. I think Vanguard's refusal to accept the return was completely out of line with their return policy:

Returns/Refunds - If you're not satisfied with your purchase, return it in good condition within 15 days for refund or exchange. Please call or email for authorization to return merchandise. We cannot accept returns or refunds on custom or personalized orders unless it is to correct a mistake on Vanguard's part. We also cannot accept returns for "Clearance" items.

You were not satisfied, so they should accept the return. Did you pay by credit card? If so you should have requested a chargeback from the card company because the merchant did not send you what you ordered and refused to make it right.

At the very least you might consider submitting your story up the chain so when it comes time for CAP to renegotiate its contract with Vanguard, they can use it to get a better arrangement.

It was almost a year ago.  At the time, I was so irked with the way the "customer service" rep treated me that I didn't want to deal with going any further.  I've not been shy about sharing my displeasure with VG, or my praise for that matter.  And I got my money back by selling it to someone who was willing to sacrifice the lighter weight for better quality.

Slim