A recuiting tool that is new to me

Started by Chief2009, July 09, 2009, 05:52:51 AM

Chief2009

I have found an interesting report in eServices that I didn't know existed. In the "Member reports" module there is the "Prospective Members Report." Basically if someone enters their information on the national website to receive more info about CAP it goes to this report and no further.

I was unaware of this and so was my commander. Please pass this on to anyone looking for recruiting help.

DN
"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" — Unknown
Dan Nelson, 1st Lt, CAP
Deputy Commander for Cadets
Illinois Valley Composite Squadron GLR-IL-284

SarDragon

Actually, no. The report is also sent to the unit commanders, so they can take action. (At least it used to be that way.)

YMMV.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

EMT-83

We occasionally get the report from Wing, but I check for it on eServices frequently.

I've reached out to about 30 "prospective" members, but only gained one cadet member.

RiverAux

Quote from: Chief2009 on July 09, 2009, 05:52:51 AM
Basically if someone enters their information on the national website to receive more info about CAP it goes to this report and no further.
Not true.  They enter their information and then NHQ sends them out a prospective member packet and info on the closest squadrons.  If they don't show up on the membership roster fairly soon, NHQ sends them a reminder.  If they still haven't joined after 90 days NHQ sent out a report to Wings which sometimes gets passed down to the squadrons so that they can contact anyone that they might not have heard from yet.  However, that wasn't terribly efficient and they started posting the prospective member stuff online not long ago so it could be checked whenever. 

paoLon

I have been my squadron's PAO since I joined CAP and also 5 years as Squadron Commander and 3 years as Deputy Commander and I have never seen the referenced report. 
No prospective member visiting our squadron has mentioned that they were told about our squadron by anyone at National HQ. 
Be that as it may, I'm very happy that it is now on e-services and will check it weekly. 
Does anyone know how to get it sorted by zip code so that I don't have to scan through the whole state?