Main Menu

ACSC V6.0

Started by AirDX, September 30, 2012, 05:28:42 PM

AirDX

ACSC V6.0 is out - apparently it's all online, interactive discussion type course now.  And the good news is all assessments are online, no trips to a base testing office required, which will make it quite a bit easier for CAP members:

TITLE: ACSC Distance Learning Program 6.0 Is Here!

The roll out of the new Air Command and Staff College Distance Learning Program (DL 6.0) is here! The next-generation Distance Learning (DL) program is totally online, giving students the opportunity to demonstrate mastery of course concepts and build critical-thinking skills.

The content of the new ACSC DL program does not deviate extensively from the old 5.2 program. However, the new program offers a completely different learning experience in that students are able to more actively engage with the material. In addition to lesson narratives, reading materials and lesson progress checks, students will encounter videos, computer-based interactive learning activities and "game-like" exercises all available in an online environment. Self-paced study is enhanced by collaborative, online facilitated courses that enable students to more actively engage in course concepts via faculty-guided, peer-to-peer interactions. Comprehensive multiple-choice tests and visits to the test center are things of the past.

More updates about the new ACSC program will be posted on the ACSC public and student websites. Currently, those websites outline the transition process to the next-generation program and notify current students of legacy program completion deadlines in order to mitigate any disruptions to student PME progression.

ACSC public website:

http://acsc.au.af.mil/distance-learning.asp
Believe in fate, but lean forward where fate can see you.

Garibaldi

Quote from: AirDX on September 30, 2012, 05:28:42 PM
ACSC V6.0 is out - apparently it's all online, interactive discussion type course now.  And the good news is all assessments are online, no trips to a base testing office required, which will make it quite a bit easier for CAP members:

TITLE: ACSC Distance Learning Program 6.0 Is Here!

The roll out of the new Air Command and Staff College Distance Learning Program (DL 6.0) is here! The next-generation Distance Learning (DL) program is totally online, giving students the opportunity to demonstrate mastery of course concepts and build critical-thinking skills.

The content of the new ACSC DL program does not deviate extensively from the old 5.2 program. However, the new program offers a completely different learning experience in that students are able to more actively engage with the material. In addition to lesson narratives, reading materials and lesson progress checks, students will encounter videos, computer-based interactive learning activities and "game-like" exercises all available in an online environment. Self-paced study is enhanced by collaborative, online facilitated courses that enable students to more actively engage in course concepts via faculty-guided, peer-to-peer interactions. Comprehensive multiple-choice tests and visits to the test center are things of the past.

More updates about the new ACSC program will be posted on the ACSC public and student websites. Currently, those websites outline the transition process to the next-generation program and notify current students of legacy program completion deadlines in order to mitigate any disruptions to student PME progression.

ACSC public website:

http://acsc.au.af.mil/distance-learning.asp

It looks like they forgot the BA/BS requirement for CAP. It doesn't spell it out directly in the FAQ.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

BillB

It would be assumed the AF Officers applying would have a Bachelors degree since they couldn't be commissoned without one. In the next paragraph, you'll note that the Civilian applicants require a degree.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

a2capt

Actually, it says:
Quote from: ACSC Web Page

Program Information
Eligibility
IAW AFI 36-2301, the following military, civilian, and international applicants are eligible to enroll in the ACSC Nonresident Studies Program: Military – O-4 selects and above on active duty, non-extended active duty, Air Force Reserve or Air National Guard; sister-service active duty, Guard, and Reserve O-4s and above; and Civil Air Patrol...
http://acsc.au.af.mil/distance-learning.asp#Info

Garibaldi

Quote from: BillB on October 01, 2012, 02:48:10 AM
It would be assumed the AF Officers applying would have a Bachelors degree since they couldn't be commissoned without one. In the next paragraph, you'll note that the Civilian applicants require a degree.

Yeah, I got that. I just thought it was odd that they didn't lump us in with the Federal civilian applicants.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

SARDOC

Quote from: a2capt on October 01, 2012, 03:22:34 AM

Actually, it says:
Quote from: ACSC Web Page

Program Information
Eligibility
IAW AFI 36-2301, the following military, civilian, and international applicants are eligible to enroll in the ACSC Nonresident Studies Program: Military – O-4 selects and above on active duty, non-extended active duty, Air Force Reserve or Air National Guard; sister-service active duty, Guard, and Reserve O-4s and above; and Civil Air Patrol...
http://acsc.au.af.mil/distance-learning.asp#Info

That is indeed what the website says...but the actual referenced instruction AFI 36-2301 states "Civilians attending resident DE or enrolling in non-resident DE must have an accredidated bachelor's degree as the minimum prerequisite for DE programs."

And yes, I know accredited is spelled wrong but that is the case throughout the instruction.

adamblank

I just finished ACSC V 5.2 last week.  It was a great course where I learned a good bit.  I hear good things about V 6.0.  Anyone who is eligible, I highly recommend the course.
Adam Brandao

Brad

Now if they would just get the other courses online I'd be happy. Granted I'm just down the street from Charleston AFB so I have two TCF's to pick from, but still...

Just finished my enrollment for SOS today, after having to email them back saying that I applied under CAP eligibility, not federal civilian employee eligibility (they were asking me for GS-scale proof and stuff like that) so it's been sorted, just waiting for the last bits from NHQ.
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN