official "I'm here!" thread.

Started by whatevah, March 24, 2005, 04:52:08 AM

USACAP

JoBi made it so ...
First State National Park
http://www.nps.gov/frst/index.htm

Quote from: ColonelJack on March 17, 2016, 02:50:36 PM
And oddly enough, Delaware is the only state in the union that doesn't have a national park.

Holding Pattern

I can attest to the appropriateness of Idaho potatoes for fries.

Chappie

Quote from: Starfleet Auxiliary on March 19, 2016, 06:32:23 PM
I can attest to the appropriateness of Idaho potatoes for fries.

Yes....thank you 5 Guys for serving Idaho potatoes :)
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

indiaXray

Hello there,

I'm a really new senior member, in about 8 weeks.  Originally from the UK, I was heavily involved with their Army Cadet and Air Force Cadet programmes as a wee lad at the same time as a cousin was involved in CAP as a cadet in New Hampshire. We had a sort of mini air cadet exchange of sorts and it was fun and interesting.  Fast forward many years and me living in the US and I remembered CAP and the good work they do.  Now is my chance to give back as an adult.
Squadron Activities Officer
Squadron Professional Development Officer

Garibaldi

Quote from: indiaXray on March 24, 2016, 01:07:14 PM
Hello there,

I'm a really new senior member, in about 8 weeks.  Originally from the UK, I was heavily involved with their Army Cadet and Air Force Cadet programmes as a wee lad at the same time as a cousin was involved in CAP as a cadet in New Hampshire. We had a sort of mini air cadet exchange of sorts and it was fun and interesting.  Fast forward many years and me living in the US and I remembered CAP and the good work they do.  Now is my chance to give back as an adult.

We have another Brit on the board here, he'll probably reach out soon. Welcome.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

FyreDragn

SER-GA-033 Information Technology Officer is on board..  You'll see me around the net as FyreDragn.  I've been a member of CAP for 2 years now and have been pretty active in the CAP community and our local Senior Squadron.  I'm a former US Army Vet (OIF) and Network Engineer by trade.  I'm married to a Brit who is about to become a SM in our local squadron as well.
Deputy Commander
Information Technology Officer - Master
Professional Development Officer - Technician
Middle GA Senior Squadron

NIN

Quote from: indiaXray on March 24, 2016, 01:07:14 PM
Hello there,

Who was your cousin? (well, maybe I should say "and when?"  Not sure how long ago you were a wee lad..LOL)
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

themainmane

Hey there,

I'm a 19 year old Senior Flight Officer. I'm a former cadet, and moved over to the Dark Side on my 18th birthday after receiving my Earhart. I'm currently a flyer, got my Solo Wings while still a cadet. I hope to learn a lot about CAP on here ;D
The master of all that isn't.

vesryn

Quote from: themainmane on April 06, 2016, 09:34:52 PM
Hey there,

I'm a 19 year old Senior Flight Officer. I'm a former cadet, and moved over to the Dark Side on my 18th birthday after receiving my Earhart. I'm currently a flyer, got my Solo Wings while still a cadet. I hope to learn a lot about CAP on here ;D

Congrats on your Earhart and your utter betrayal of everything good in the cadet program  ;D

Anyways, hope you like your new position, and best of luck.
Eaker #3363
NYWG Encampment Cadet Commander 2018
NYWG Encampment '13, '14, '15, '18, '19

themainmane

Well you know, C/LTC themainmane just wanted to be a special snowflake FO as soon as possible   ;D
The master of all that isn't.

killion1506

I guess I'm permanantly Killion1506. I haven't heard anything back from the mods about getting my old callsign back. I was on here a small number of years ago as Manfredvonrichtophen. So, as it goes... I'm putting my paperwork in to rejoin and am looking forward to getting back at it.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: killion1506 on April 07, 2016, 02:41:08 PM
I guess I'm permanantly Killion1506. I haven't heard anything back from the mods about getting my old callsign back. I was on here a small number of years ago as Manfredvonrichtophen. So, as it goes... I'm putting my paperwork in to rejoin and am looking forward to getting back at it.

Who'd you PM?

killion1506

Pace

Try Pylon or MIKE if you haven't heard back from whatevah. I would help, but that's above my pay grade.
Lt Col, CAP

killion1506

Quote from: Pace on April 07, 2016, 10:48:24 PM
Try Pylon or MIKE if you haven't heard back from whatevah. I would help, but that's above my pay grade.
I meant pylon, not phall. That was my error in response.

Eclipse

Quote from: Chica on May 10, 2016, 01:48:40 PM
hey

Welcome to CAPTalk.  Your best bet would be to throttle back and read / listen for a while.  There is no need to comment
on every thread, especially if that comment does not contribute to the discussion.

Also, assuming you are a CAP member, PM'ing senior members is at best a bad practice, and at worst a violation of CPT.

"That Others May Zoom"

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Eclipse on May 10, 2016, 02:17:51 PM
Quote from: Chica on May 10, 2016, 01:48:40 PM
hey

Welcome to CAPTalk.  Your best bet would be to throttle back and read / listen for a while.  There is no need to comment
on every thread, especially if that comment does not contribute to the discussion.

Also, assuming you are a CAP members, PM'ing senior members is at best a bad practice, and at worst a violation of CPT.

But then how will we find out "who is Eclipse?" before anyone even asks?  >:D

Eclipse

Quote from: Capt Hatkevich on May 10, 2016, 02:34:37 PM
But then how will we find out "who is Eclipse?" before anyone even asks?  >:D

Touché.

"That Others May Zoom"

Agent_ND

C/2d Lt (Mitchell Award Number 66681)
Flight Commander/Deputy Commander
NER-NH-053
NH/VT Wings Encampment:
  2015: Alpha Flight Sergeant Basic Encampment