COVID-19 Membership Extensions

Started by baronet68, April 01, 2020, 04:35:32 PM

baronet68

In light of the current global health situation, General Smith has extended the membership expiration dates by 90 days for members who were due to expire on 31 March 2020 but did not renew. 

QuoteAt CAP, we understand the concern and uncertainty you may be experiencing surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic.   Whether you have overlooked your membership renewal or you are facing financial struggles, we want you to know your continued support is very important to us.  We want your membership renewal to be one less thing to worry about.

In an effort to ease the burden during these uncertain times, CAP's National Commander, Major General Mark Smith, has approved a three-month extension of membership for those members who were due to renew 31 March 2020 and have not yet done so. 

Your membership has been automatically updated to remain current through 30 June 2020.  No action is required from you. Your access to eServices will remain intact.  New membership cards will not be issued, but you can print one through your eServices account if required. 

You will receive an email renewal notice in early May for your new 30 Jun 2020 expiration date.  If you already mailed your March renewal and it wasn't processed in March, your payment will be held and processed for your June renewal.

We hope you will continue to be engaged in CAP as much as possible and look forward to the time when we can all come together again. 

Be well,
CAP Member Services

Note that this isn't intended as "something for nothing", it's an administrative effort to maintain member engagement through difficult times.  Members who renew in a timely manner will have their membership continue on the same schedule as before.  NHQ will continue to review the ongoing situation and consider additional extensions month-by-month. 
Michael Moore, Lt Col, CAP
National Recruiting & Retention Manager

MacGruff

I like the action, and it is similar to what many organizations are doing, but reading the language does sound like a "free" three month extension.

Not that I'm complaining... my membership expires on 30 April!   ;)

GaryVC

We had a cadet in this situation who renewed at the last moment. His membership now expires at the end of June 2021.