Writing a state's wing commander

Started by West MI-CAP-Ret, March 25, 2019, 04:31:48 PM

West MI-CAP-Ret

I retired from Civil Air Patrol last year, next April.  I know as a retired member of CAP there are several things I can no longer do, and I understand that.  I know now that I have to write to the Wing Commander for permission to attend the wings annual conference.

As a retired member of CAP. what would be the protocol? Meaning, would I ask permission via a standard formatted Memorand For, or a normal business letter.

Thank you in advance.  Probably consulting the regulations would have answered my question, but I was feeling lazy this morning (which does not preclude that as soon as I sign off here, I won't go look for myself).

Thanks again,
MAJ DAVID J. D'ARCY, CAP (Ret) 8 Apr 2018 (1974-1982, 1988-2018)
A former member of:
West Michigan Group MI-703,
Hudsonville Cadet Sqdron MI-135 (name changed to Park Township, Al Johnson Cadet Sqdrn)
Lakeshore Cadet Sqdrn MI-119
Van Dyke Cadet Sqdrn, MI-117
Phoenix Cadet Sqdrn MI-GLR-MI-065 (inactive)
Novi Sixgate Cadet Sqdrn (inactive), MI-068
Inkster Cherry Hill Cadet Sqdrn MI-GLR-MI-283 (inactive)

Eclipse

Just send him an email or call him on the phone, no big deal really.

"That Others May Zoom"

Johnny Yuma

Quote from: Eclipse on March 25, 2019, 04:45:26 PM
Just send him an email or call him on the phone, no big deal really.

Yep. They'd probably love to have you!
"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven:

JacobAnn

My experience suggests wings want to promote conference attendance.  Wing CCs email addresses are normally on the wing website.

JeffDG

Agree with the above.

For the most part, an informal "Hey, mind if I come?" will elicit a "Sure!" and done.

FW

As a former Wing Commander, I can agree with every comment made.  An email or text will be fine.  Enjoy the weekend.