NYPD Auxiliary Officer Arrested for Impersonating a Police Officer

Started by Майор Хаткевич, September 18, 2013, 08:29:40 PM

Майор Хаткевич

http://nypost.com/2013/09/17/life-imitates-art-trio-busted-posing-as-cops-to-get-gtav-sooner/

We're not the only ones with bad apples, but I've never actually heard legitimate sources who knew of people in CAP uniform doing anything this stupid.

Eclipse

Actually, from the article, the only thing they actually did was run stop signs.

They are "with the NYPD", at least the one kid is, and driving an old PD car might make you a whacker, but probably isn't illegal.

(Let's not make this a CAP 1-up thread).

"That Others May Zoom"

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Eclipse on September 18, 2013, 08:55:35 PM
Actually, from the article, the only thing they actually did was run stop signs.

They are "with the NYPD", at least the one kid is, and driving an old PD car might make you a whacker, but probably isn't illegal.

(Let's not make this a CAP 1-up thread).

Right, but I'm guessing he's not allowed to say he's "NYPD", just as we can't say "I'm with the Air Force". It jumped out at me because we've discussed their Auxiliary a few times, but none of the topics are open/appropriate for this (certainly not the last one).

That said, I'm not sure how he went from "missing a few lights" to the whole story coming out on impersonation.

SARDOC

There is a new culture in that Department.  It used to be that a New York City Police Officer would have a Duplicate of their Shield, (Not Badge) known as a "Dupe" made so that they could carry it off duty without the fear of losing their issued shield which is specially engraved on the back side to indicate it's authenticity.

Actual Off Duty NYPD officers who have encounters with on duty NYPD officer who are caught carrying a Dupe are being arrested for impersonating a Law Enforcement Officer. 

The NYPD auxiliary members are certified in New York as unarmed Part-time Peace Officers and are able to effect an arrest if necessary.  This kid abused that authority...but if he displayed his auxiliary badge he didn't impersonate an officer because he actually is one.  His conduct on the other hand is worthy of him being dismissed from the agency and reported to internal affairs.

Critical AOA

I'm sure that I will catch some heat for this but he is only 19 and in my opinion, that is too young to be a cop.  At that age, you lack the maturity and real life experiences, knowledge, skills and judgment to deal with situations and issues that cops must deal with.   The cockiness alone in kids that age is a recipe for disaster.
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."   - George Bernard Shaw

SAREXinNY

Quote from: SARDOC on September 18, 2013, 09:53:23 PM

Actual Off Duty NYPD officers who have encounters with on duty NYPD officer who are caught carrying a Dupe are being arrested for impersonating a Law Enforcement Officer. 

Cite please. The shield (or badge) you display doesn't make you an officer.  There are some federal agencies that have sworn Task Force officers that are never issued a shield.  Being properly sworn in and having your name registered with NYS DJCS makes you a police officer (or peace officer) in New York. Displaying a dupe isn't illegal (but it very well may be against department policy).  My office has a policy against obtaining a dupe.  At least some people here in NY still carry a dupe, even though it's against department policy, but it certainly isn't illegal.

Slim

I don't know of many places that don't issue officers a wallet badge or shield, or not allow officers to purchase one with their own funds.

Simply having a badge in your wallet isn't sufficient in my experience.  Every time I've ever identified myself as an off duty firefighter to a cop, they didn't really care about the badge, they wanted to see my department ID.  Anyone can get their hands on a badge through several sources, but-at least in my area-it's worthless without the ID card.

Also, FWIW, there are a few places around me will hire regular police officers (and firefighters) at 18.

Slim

TeamBronx

I was a member of the NYC Police Department before I went federal.  I've never heard of a real officer being arrested for carrying a duplicate shield.  It would not be questioned as long as he/she had her department ID. 

A badge alone never suffices.  The ID is what proves that he/she is on the job. 

There is no inscription on the back of the NYPD shield.  My federal badges have had inscribed on the back, "must be accompanied by proper credentials."

Private Investigator

"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!" You know I had to bring it.

A Russian once told me he was a KGB Major of the Auxiliary. I let him slide on drinking vodka in a public park afterhours.  8)

SARDOC

Quote from: SAREXinNY on September 18, 2013, 11:12:11 PM

Cite please. The shield (or badge) you display doesn't make you an officer.  There are some federal agencies that have sworn Task Force officers that are never issued a shield.  Being properly sworn in and having your name registered with NYS DJCS makes you a police officer (or peace officer) in New York. Displaying a dupe isn't illegal (but it very well may be against department policy).  My office has a policy against obtaining a dupe.  At least some people here in NY still carry a dupe, even though it's against department policy, but it certainly isn't illegal.

I don't have a Cite indicating an actual arrest, this was just told to me about two months ago by a family member who just retired as an NYPD Detective to indicate how happy he is to retire because of the culture shift in the department, he shared this as his example.

It is however, illegal under federal law to sell or purchase a fake badge.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/01/nyregion/01badge.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

stillamarine

We are only issued one badge. I know of a few guys that have dupes made with their employee numbers which are different from your badge number. Our badge numbers are done by seniority and change regularly. One of the guys with a dupe is actually retired NYPD.
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

Flying Pig

In CA I was issued 2 badges.  One badge for my uniform and one that was flat and came with a wallet so you could carry your ID and Badge with you at all times if you wanted too.   

Mitchell 1969

Quote from: SARDOC on September 19, 2013, 01:00:41 PM
Quote from: SAREXinNY on September 18, 2013, 11:12:11 PM

I don't have a Cite indicating an actual arrest, this was just told to me about two months ago by a family member who just retired as an NYPD Detective to indicate how happy he is to retire because of the culture shift in the department, he shared this as his example.

It is however, illegal under federal law to sell or purchase a fake badge.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/01/nyregion/01badge.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Maybe not. From 18 USC 716:

(b) It is a defense to a prosecution under this section that the insignia or uniform is other than a counterfeit insignia or uniform and is not used to mislead or deceive, or is used or is intended to be used exclusively—
(1) as a memento, or in a collection or exhibit;
(2) for decorative purposes;
(3) for a dramatic presentation, such as a theatrical, film, or television production; or
(4) for any other recreational purpose.

Mitchell 1969; Earhart 1971; Eaker 1973. Cadet Flying Encampment, License, 1970. IACE New Zealand 1971; IACE Korea 1973.

CAP has been bery, bery good to me.

Flying Pig

You guys are aware that NYPD Aux Officers are not cops right?  They are not armed and have no LE authority.  They are uniformed volunteers.  SO in the case of this incident.... this guy getting arrested is completely legit.  Whipping out your badge to gain favor in a a situation would definitley fall under the umbrella of being illegal.  Now, once it gets to court, perhaps it will get tossed, but at the very least.... dude needs tossed out on his ear.

Eclipse

Quote from: Flying Pig on September 20, 2013, 03:01:30 PM
You guys are aware that NYPD Aux Officers are not cops right?  They are not armed and have no LE authority.  They are uniformed volunteers.  SO in the case of this incident.... this guy getting arrested is completely legit.

Not quite, at least according to Wikipedia they are certified "Part-Time Peace Officers without Firearms Training" and can:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_City_Police_Department_Auxiliary_Police#Training_and_Authority
Auxiliary Police officers may carry and use straight wood batons under the authority of NYS Penal Law 265.20 b.
Auxiliary Police officers may carry and use handcuff restraints both on and off duty in accordance with NYC Administrative Code 10-147
Auxiliary Police officers may physically detain violators of Misdemeanors and Felonies under the State of New York Civil Defense Act Article # 8 Section # 105
Auxiliary Police officers injured while on duty are provided Workers Compensation under NYC Administrative Code Section 14-147 of chapter 1 of title 14
Auxiliary Police officers receive an annual uniform allowance in accordance with the NYC Administrative Code Section 14-148
Auxiliary Police officers can use physical and deadly force to make an arrest, or when a person uses physical or deadly force against an officer or a third person in accordance with the NYPD Auxiliary training manual.

But again, I'd have to ask, beyond the traffic violations, what they are being arrested "for".  If all they said was "I'm with the NYPD.", well...they are, and moreso then if a CAP members were to
say "I'm with the Air Force.".

It doesn't allege they stole the game, and if the shop owner chose to allow them in line first, I don't see a crime there.

Some sort of abuse of authority allegation, maybe?  Obviously the NYPD doesn't want it's Aux acting like goobers any more then the USAF does, and as mentioned, these guys are likely
done in that regard, but I don't see where there's going to be much to charge them with, unless the laws regarding Aux behavior have some sort of teeth in them, other then dismissal.

"That Others May Zoom"

a2capt

According to Wikipedia ..  has a strong probability of being couple steps up from "I heard..", when "editors" write stuff, and don't cite the source.

Flying Pig

The NYPD Aux site specifically states that they are volunteers who do not take LE action.  Only observe and report.  Sounds like they have the same basic authority as a security guard.

Eclipse

Quote from: a2capt on September 20, 2013, 03:50:00 PM
According to Wikipedia ..  has a strong probability of being couple steps up from "I heard..", when "editors" write stuff, and don't cite the source.

This does quote the specific law(s) - like the KB, it's a good quick ref, but never the final authority.

"That Others May Zoom"

JayT

Quote from: Flying Pig on September 20, 2013, 03:55:38 PM
The NYPD Aux site specifically states that they are volunteers who do not take LE action.  Only observe and report.  Sounds like they have the same basic authority as a security guard.

They primarily do stuff like crowd control at large events, and some patrol work.

This kid is not the first Auxiliary Officer to get collared for impersonating, nor will he be the last.
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

Eclipse

We've got a suburb here that has more sworn part-time officers then full timers.  One of my friends did it for a few years.
Crowd control, traffic duty, the occasional night patrol as man 2 in car, etc.

They are armed and have full authority as LEOs, but are pretty much told that if they ever draw their weapon they are done.

"That Others May Zoom"

Luis R. Ramos

Isn't that like issuing a handgun, but keeping the bullets?

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

MSG Mac

Quote from: Eclipse on September 20, 2013, 04:12:08 PM
We've got a suburb here that has more sworn part-time officers then full timers.  One of my friends did it for a few years.

They are armed and have full authority as LEOs, but are pretty much told that if they ever draw their weapon they are done.

Deputy Barney Fife reporting for duty,
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Flying Pig

Quote from: Eclipse on September 20, 2013, 04:12:08 PM

Those are reserves and/or part time officer.  NYPD Aux are niether.  I really cant imagine that if a Reserve pulls their gun they are let go if its justified.   What a joke of an organization if its true.

Eclipse

^ Things might be different there now, but at least during that time, this was basically the impression that the part-time officers left.
The city itself tended to have somewhat of a "reputation".

"That Others May Zoom"

Spaceman3750

The town I live in has a sworn/armed aux, as well as the county to the north. Events, disasters, patrol with a full-timer, etc are all norm,

Thinking about joining up at the next firearms class (the same 40-hour class full time guys take). Events pay hourly, so not a bad gig.

a2capt

SARDOC

This is from a document titled "Auxiliary Police Program Overview 2008" on the City of New York's website.

QuoteAuxiliary Police Officers are neither Police Officers nor Peace Officers (except
during an emergency under 2.20 Criminal Procedure Law.) They do not carry firearms
and no power of arrest beyond that of a private citizen. Equipped with a SABER radio
and a baton, they are trained to "observe and report" as they perform uniform patrol
in their neighborhood as a crime deterrent. 

Which is funny because the 2.20 Criminal Procedure Law quoted in the text, doesn't outline any special powers during emergencies.  It's the part of the code that delineates the Powers authorized under the state code for Peace Officers.

It's seems to contradict itself by saying that they are not peace officers but during an "emergency" they have the powers of a Peace Officer.  Nothing defines in this context what an "emergency" is.

Flying Pig

Believe it or not, the powers of arrest given to a private citizen are not that much different than the powers of arrest given to an officer.  What it reads like to me is that they are just describing the powers of a citizens arrest. 

Private Investigator

Every state is different. Having worked full time on both coasts, it is like night and day. NYPD has 30,000 cops. Mayberry has 2 1/2 guys.

I am sure Forrest has something quotable to say about this.   ::)

Flying Pig

Quote from: Private Investigator on September 21, 2013, 08:23:58 PM
Every state is different. Having worked full time on both coasts, it is like night and day. NYPD has 30,000 cops. Mayberry has 2 1/2 guys.

I am sure Forrest has something quotable to say about this.   ::)

Boy....... Im learning that on a daily basis!!! 

Luis R. Ramos

Which one?

Stoopid is as stoopid does...?

Life is like a box of chocolates, etc...?

Or by her screen mom, "You have to do the best with what God gave you?"

I think all apply...

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer

TheJob

There is a new culture in that Department.  It used to be that a New York City Police Officer would have a Duplicate of their Shield, (Not Badge) known as a "Dupe" made so that they could carry it off duty without the fear of losing their issued shield which is specially engraved on the back side to indicate it's authenticity.

The NYPD auxiliary members are certified in New York as unarmed Part-time Peace Officers and are able to effect an arrest if necessary.  This kid abused that authority...but if he displayed his auxiliary badge he didn't impersonate an officer because he actually is one.  His conduct on the other hand is worthy of him being dismissed from the agency and reported to internal affairs.

Where do you pull this garbage from? Who would an active duty NYPD MOS ( POLICE OFFICER) be impersonating, himself? :o A [farg]ing POLICE OFFICER WITH STATE WIDE ARREST POWERS ON/OFF DUTY CANNOT BE ARRESTED FOR IMPERSONATING A [stupid] POLICE OFFICER. Now for dupes. Not illegal. There is even a federal law allowing for civilians to have them to collect. Its only against the patrol guide i.e. dept policy to carry them. Words cannot describe how incompetent that statement is "Actual Off Duty NYPD officers who have encounters with on duty NYPD officer who are caught carrying a Dupe are being arrested for impersonating a Law Enforcement Officer."  A POLICE OFFICER getting arrested for impersonating a police officer because he has a dupe shield, which is not illegal to carry because he is a POLICE OFFICER? Auxiliary "cops" are not peace officers and have no more authority than joe citizen. They get unarmed peace officer status when/if the mayor activates them in a crisis situation (they weren't activated for sandy so they'll never be activated). They cannot go flashing there "shield" around because people start thinking they're police officers i.e. impersonation. Sorry, I needed to make an account just for this.

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Panache

Quote from: TheJob on December 10, 2013, 03:53:31 AM
Where do you pull this garbage from? Who would an active duty NYPD MOS ( POLICE OFFICER) be impersonating, himself? :o A [farg]ing POLICE OFFICER WITH STATE WIDE ARREST POWERS ON/OFF DUTY CANNOT BE ARRESTED FOR IMPERSONATING A [stupid] POLICE OFFICER.

They can be arrested quite easily.  Now, getting convicted, on the other hand, is a different story.  But I can quite easily see an over-zealous NYPD cop thinking that another cop, holding a dupe shield, is a poser and jack him up.

True story from my LEO days: I once came very, very close to arresting a NYPD cop for putting an alleged pot-smoker into custody.  In Pennsylvania.  So, yeah.

Sorry, I needed to make an account just for this.

Flying Pig

Panache. I think the issue is NYPD officers arresting each other in their own jurisdiction for having a duplicate badger.  Can't see that happening.  If an NYPD officer was in PA trying to arrest someone, then I could see that being an issue.

a2capt

TheJob

Quote from: Panache on December 10, 2013, 07:06:08 AM
Where do you pull this garbage from? Who would an active duty NYPD MOS ( POLICE OFFICER) be impersonating, himself? :o A [farg]ing POLICE OFFICER WITH STATE WIDE ARREST POWERS ON/OFF DUTY CANNOT BE ARRESTED FOR IMPERSONATING A [stupid] POLICE OFFICER.

They can be arrested quite easily.  Now, getting convicted, on the other hand, is a different story.  But I can quite easily see an over-zealous NYPD cop thinking that another cop, holding a dupe shield, is a poser and jack him up.

True story from my LEO days: I once came very, very close to arresting a NYPD cop for putting an alleged pot-smoker into custody.  In Pennsylvania.  So, yeah.

Sorry, I needed to make an account just for this.

A shield isn't what you pull to get courtesy when you get pulled over or to identify yourself in a non emergency situation. You use your id card. You can't tell the difference between a dupe and a issued shield. Its only illegal for a civilian to carry a dupe/ issued shield not a police officer or peace officer. And whats with this other garbage about nypd UMOS being collared in there GAOE? The NYPD happens to be the most bonded brotherhood in law enforcement. The job has traditions no other dept has. Even if for some reason an MOS isn't carrying his id/shield its quite easy to tell a poser from a real guy. Certain key words will pop out. Ask the guy whats his command, Tax ID, shield number, date of hire. If he cant answer all three of those hes getting the silver bracelets. I'm sure if there are any MOS here they can back me up on this one.

Eclipse

Quote from: TheJob on December 10, 2013, 10:00:34 PM
A shield isn't what you pull to get courtesy when you get pulled over or to identify yourself in a non emergency situation. You use your id card. You can't tell the difference between a dupe and a issued shield. Its only illegal for a civilian to carry a dupe/ issued shield not a police officer or peace officer. And whats with this other garbage about nypd UMOS being collared in there GAOE? The NYPD happens to be the most bonded brotherhood in law enforcement. The job has traditions no other dept has. Even if for some reason an MOS isn't carrying his id/shield its quite easy to tell a poser from a real guy. Certain key words will pop out. Ask the guy whats his command, Tax ID, shield number, date of hire. If he cant answer all three of those hes getting the silver bracelets. I'm sure if there are any MOS here they can back me up on this one.

Relevance?  The only thing this has to do with CAP is that both situations contain the word "auxiliary", and the OP thought it was humorous that
a couple of goofballs got in trouble buying a video game.

Your spirited efforts to "educate" will likely only serve to amuse.

"That Others May Zoom"

TexasCadet

Quote from: TheJob on December 10, 2013, 10:00:34 PM
[cut]
Ask the guy whats his command, Tax ID, shield number, date of hire. If he cant answer all three of those hes getting the silver bracelets. I'm sure if there are any MOS here they can back me up on this one.
[/cut]

Four questions. Also, I doubt you'll get any support.

Flying Pig

TheJob,

Are you a member of CAP?   This thread died out about 3 months ago. There are several active and retired cops on this forum.  Logging on to school us up on a scanario that is a byproduct of the actual discussion is probably just a waste of time.

a2capt

Shuman 14

Just to throw this out there... I've not seen what a NYPD Auxiliary Officer's uniform looks like but if it is the same as the NYPD with a different badge/shield, with a rocker that reads "Auxiliary" above/below a NYPD patch or the word "Auxiliary" inserted in the NYPD patch... does the criminal element really take time to read it?

If they don't (and I know they don't), being out there "patrolling" without being armed, their title shouldn't be Auxiliary Officer... it should be TARGET.

Not knocking auxiliary or reserve police officers, I've been one in the past and understand most are doing it to gain experience and training to get full-time job in law enforcement, but for NYPD to put them out there... like that... is at best a waste of able and willing manpower and at worst a funeral waiting to happen.

As to the young lad in the story, he needs to grow up and the NYPD needs to pull his creds now.
Joseph J. Clune
Lieutenant Colonel, Military Police

USMCR: 1990 - 1992                           USAR: 1993 - 1998, 2000 - 2003, 2005 - Present     CAP: 2013 - 2014, 2021 - Present
INARNG: 1992 - 1993, 1998 - 2000      Active Army: 2003 - 2005                                       USCGAux: 2004 - Present

Luis R. Ramos

Here is a Wikipedia link to the NYPD Auxiliary. The patch shown goes on the left shoulder. The patch without the words "Auxiliary" is used by the regular police. The same patch with the words "Transit" is used by Transit Police or the words I believe "School Safety" is used by the School Safety Agents assigned to public schools in the city. All three services - Auxies, Transit, and School Safety - are unarmed. But police tow truck drivers carry a sidearm.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_City_Police_Department_Auxiliary_Police

Even if sounding callous, that is their job. Target! In 2007 two Auxiliaries were killed in the line of duty as they decided to follow an armed bank robber to report on his surroundings. They followed him about two blocks or so behind, one on each side of the street. The robber saw them, reversed track, and shot the Auxiliaries. At the time the NYPD policy was not to issue bullet proof vests to the Auxies. FDNY (Fire Department) had started issuing bullet proof vests a few months before to their EMS personnel. Since that event, NYPD I have heard or read issues bullet proof vests to the Auxies.

Sometimes I have walked past them and not reflected on whether they are Auxies or not despite their not wearing firearms. Unless I happen to look at their badges, which is different in shape.

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer

TheJob

??? Where do you get your information? First off, New York City Transit Police has been merged with the NYPD since 1995. They were never unarmed and where full fledged Police Officers with statewide arrest powers. The only reminiscence of the transit police is the transit bureau of the NYPD. Armed tow truck drivers? :o Do you make this [Filter Subversion] up? Auxiliaries are not police officers nor are they peace officers. School Safety Agents are unarmed peace officers who get there ON DUTY STATUS ONLY through being deputized as a special patrolman. Auxiliaries and safety agents barley have affiliation with the nypd other than the patch they wear. Seriously, tell me where you get your information from.

Eclipse

Tell us why you think we actually care about something that is 100% irrelevant to CAP except as an anecdotal
"don't be a goof" example.

"That Others May Zoom"

Luis R. Ramos

If you are asking me, from their websites. Tell me where I state that Transit Police are not part of the NYPD. I drove and dispatched ambulances for a volunteer ambulance corps  and interacted with  members who were also FDNY EMTs. The article about the Aux PD from the Wikipedia. As to NYPD tow truck drivers, I see them every day when they get off their trucks that say NYPD. All sport a sidearm.

And Eclipse, it is for our friend who posted a message regarding those Aux PD.

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer

TexasCadet

Quote from: TheJob on December 20, 2013, 12:37:38 AM
??? Where do you get your information? First off, New York City Transit Police has been merged with the NYPD since 1995. They were never unarmed and where full fledged Police Officers with statewide arrest powers. The only reminiscence of the transit police is the transit bureau of the NYPD. Armed tow truck drivers? :o Do you make this [Filter Subversion] up? Auxiliaries are not police officers nor are they peace officers. School Safety Agents are unarmed peace officers who get there ON DUTY STATUS ONLY through being deputized as a special patrolman. Auxiliaries and safety agents barley have affiliation with the nypd other than the patch they wear. Seriously, tell me where you get your information from.

A word of advice: constantly attacking people is a great way to get banned. Just a friendly warning.

sarmed1

.... Auxiliaries and safety agents barley have affiliation with the nypd other than the patch they wear. Seriously, tell me where you get your information from.

Joe Q public usually is no where near that observant (or cares) there is a guy, he has a uniform that looks like a cop, and they see NYPD, they dont read/see far enough to see the word "Auxiliary" or "Safety Agent".  To them they are the NYPD.  Perception is reality.  Just search the topics here about how people mistake CAP members for USAF or the Army.  It doesnt even say US Air Force or US Army anywhere on the field uniform; its camo its the army......

mk
Capt.  Mark "K12" Kleibscheidel

ol'fido

I was issued two badges when I got certified after graduating from the IDOC Academy. At, that time they were issued by the institution and the badge number reflected seniority. In the late '90s, they changed to a statewide system where every officer had a unique badge number. I got two of those. One to be worn on the uniform shirt and one for a coat or jacket. I usually wear one on my shirt or on my duty belt if I am just wearing a t-shirt in the summer. Yes, where I work(IDOC Impact Incarceration Program) we can take our uniform shirts off in weather above 80*F.

I never carry a badge when I am off duty. I know of some officers that carry one in an ID/badge type wallet. Usually, these are newer officers that are still real gung ho. The only time I have a badge off duty is when my duty belt or coat happens to be in the backseat of the truck.

The town I live in has an armed auxiliary. They mostly work parades, carnivals, and school sports events. They may be used in an emergency but they don't regularly act as substitute patrol cops like a part timer who is certified might. Our small "suburb" has a PD almost as large as the city PD(Pop. 900 vs. 6800) due to having the Super Walmart, Rural King, and the strip mall area. Their chief is a friend of mine who is a retired ISP trooper. He doesn't want anything to do with an auxiliary. Too many goobers and headaches in his opinion.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

Flying Pig

TheJob

Are you in CAP?  Im assuming you are an LEO?  There are a lot of discussion that we have on there regarding LE issues as they pertain to CAP.  SOme of them get pretty good.   Id suggest saving your energy for one of those.  If you aren't a CAP member and joined CAPTalk just to go to battle over a thread that really has nothing to do with CAP its probably a waste of time.

PHall

Quote from: Flying Pig on December 21, 2013, 03:37:17 PM
TheJob

Are you in CAP?  Im assuming you are an LEO?  There are a lot of discussion that we have on there regarding LE issues as they pertain to CAP.  SOme of them get pretty good.   Id suggest saving your energy for one of those.  If you aren't a CAP member and joined CAPTalk just to go to battle over a thread that really has nothing to do with CAP its probably a waste of time.

Rob, check his status. Got his butt banned for being such a loud mouth pain.

Flying Pig

FlyTiger77

Quote from: PHall on December 21, 2013, 05:12:21 PM
Rob, check his status. Got his butt banned for being such a loud mouth pain.

I'm glad THAT is over.
JACK E. MULLINAX II, Lt Col, CAP

a2capt

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

TexasCadet

Let's hope he doesn't make another account.

[cut]
Auxiliaries and safety agents barley have affiliation with the nypd other than the patch they wear.
[/cut]

But are they gluten-free?