Main Menu

Find Me Spot

Started by isuhawkeye, December 01, 2007, 09:19:37 PM

isuhawkeye

a snowmobiler friend of mine introduced me to a new piece of equipment which launched the first of November.  It seems to be very similar to a PLB, only instead of using a 406 frequency to communicate with an RCC this system takes advantage of Satalite phone technology.  Take a look at what I hav found

www.halbrookassocaites.com

Has anyone sean this system before, or are they farmiliar with its use.

I have an e-mail in to the tech department, and am eagerly waiting to learn more about it. 

Enjoy.

RRLE

isuhawkeye

These systems will become more frequent as technology improves.  How do you think this will affect CAP's Search and rescue mission.  Will we get more activations based upon easy 911 access, or will our number of alerts drop because the rescue operations will be handled at the local level.

sardak

There was an earlier thread on this device:
http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=3108.0
-----
It's also being discussed on three other SAR listers I'm on, so there is a lot of interest in the SAR community.
-----
Last month a Wing DOS sent SPOT an inquiry and received this reply (and some documents which aren't attached here because they are available on the SPOT website).

Just give me a call and I will be glad to assist you with any further questions.

Thank you for choosing Globalcom.

Debbie Albano
Globalcom Satellite Communications
debbie@globalcomsatphone.com
1-888-636-0707
Fax 256-350-7859

----

Mike