Plastic encased rank insignias

Started by piperl4, January 13, 2008, 01:46:35 AM

SAR-EMT1

This may be a dead question:
Those of you who are in CAP and current or former Military;
any chance of being able to use some pull of one sort or another to rectify the Vanguard situation?

Just wondering if one of us out there might know a General who owes a favor ;D

...  or maybe you yourself are a Flag Officer ::)
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

Hawk200

Quote from: SAR-EMT1 on August 02, 2008, 05:16:46 AM
This may be a dead question:
Those of you who are in CAP and current or former Military;
any chance of being able to use some pull of one sort or another to rectify the Vanguard situation?

Just wondering if one of us out there might know a General who owes a favor ;D

...  or maybe you yourself are a Flag Officer ::)

Someone would have to be pretty high up to do anything. I seriously doubt anyone here has that kind of brass under their belt.

Then again, even if someone did have that kind of pull, Vanguard's response would be "what's it to you? it's CAP stuff, and your military rank doesn't mean a thing!"

mikeylikey

I am thinking complaints to the better business bureau.  Or lodge an online GSA complaint.  Maybe we can get GSA to re-evaluate their contracts.   
What's up monkeys?

Psicorp

I just recieved an email from Vanguard, the plastic encased insignia are in and are being shipped out today...just thought you'd like to know.
Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257

DesertFlyer

I just got the same email from Vanguard. 

Now we'll see what the quality is like when they arrive.

Lt Col Dave Finley, CAP
Socorro Composite Squadron
New Mexico Wing

Semper Fidelis -- Semper Vigilans

MIKE

Hope all those guys in the latest Volunteer get the memo.
Mike Johnston

mikeylikey

What's up monkeys?

blackrain

I seemed to recall a memo where National approved sew on rank for the green bag but was waiting on the AF to approve it. (Maybe the dark blue already approved for the navy blue flight suit). Anybody out there hear anything?
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly" PVT Murphy

Tubacap

I just got my plastic encased in the mail =(
William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001

Eclipse

Quote from: blackrain on August 08, 2008, 01:34:35 PM
I seemed to recall a memo where National approved sew on rank for the green bag but was waiting on the AF to approve it. (Maybe the dark blue already approved for the navy blue flight suit). Anybody out there hear anything?

Dark blue approved for the navy jumpsuit and Nomex flight suit a long time ago, indication cloth was being requested from USAF, no word since.

"That Others May Zoom"

blackrain

Actually I knew they approved the dark blue insignia for the navy blue flight suit and utility uniform. I was hoping we could use the dark blue insignia on the green suit as well. Or maybe no rank at all as some have suggested.

On a side note can we use black t-shirts with the blue flight suit? I see it's authorized for the blue BDUs and utility uniform. Just my opinion but I think white t-shirts should be left for dress shirts.

One final thing since a reverse  American flag is used on all of the other uniforms except the flight suits, why not use it on the blue one as well. The reverse flag with velcro is used by the Army so it is readily available. Amazing how complicated anything related to a military/cap uniform can get when it should be so simple. ;D
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly" PVT Murphy

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: blackrain on August 08, 2008, 06:10:01 PMOn a side note can we use black t-shirts with the blue flight suit? I see it's authorized for the blue BDUs and utility uniform. Just my opinion but I think white t-shirts should be left for dress shirts.

Black or white T-shirt is OK for the blue flight suit and utility uniform.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

DesertFlyer

Got my plastic-encased Captain insignia from Vanguard today.

They're better quality than what was pictured in an earlier post on this thread.  They still, however, are just two bars with no connections.  The spacing between them is uniform and they are of the same length, so don't look really bad.  It would be nice, though, to have real "railroad tracks" instead of just two 1st Lt bars side by side. 

I'll be interested to see how people like the versions for other ranks.
Lt Col Dave Finley, CAP
Socorro Composite Squadron
New Mexico Wing

Semper Fidelis -- Semper Vigilans

Smokey

Embroidered grade insignia was approved by CAP for the green zoom bag and sent on to the AF for the okey dokey. They did not though decide on wether it was to be on the dark blue background or the green.  But, that is as far as it got. Apparently it has fallen into the black hole at the AF side.
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

ßτε

Quote from: DesertFlyer on August 08, 2008, 09:05:51 PM

They still, however, are just two bars with no connections.  The spacing between them is uniform and they are of the same length, so don't look really bad.  It would be nice, though, to have real "railroad tracks" instead of just two 1st Lt bars side by side. 

As far as I've seen, the Capt insignia have always been like that.

Psicorp

I got mine in the mail today as well and I'm not impressed with the quality.  The edges aren't sealed very well so I know I'm going to have problems with moisture.

Maybe we can send a set of these to the Air Force and get the sew-on insignia approved.   :D
Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257

Eclipse

They have always been cheesy, foil-plated plastic, no matter what service was wearing them.

I'm quite happy to be done with them.

I've got matching color cloth on my flight suit and jumpsuit.

"That Others May Zoom"

Hawk200

Quote from: DesertFlyer on August 08, 2008, 09:05:51 PM... They still, however, are just two bars with no connections.  The spacing between them is uniform and they are of the same length, so don't look really bad. 

They have probably always been like that. I do know that has been the design for about the past twenty five years. There may be other versions, I'm just not familiar with them.